(3 posts)
  1. Rdl

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 9 2018 21:40:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I’ve been experiencing bite-type reactions for about a week and today found this. It was found alive on the table beside my couch. One photo shows size; the other has been zoomed in. Bug is on tape inside a Ziploc. I apologize for not embedding the photos; I tried to follow the tutorial instructions but couldn’t make it work. Thank you for your assistance.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/164455064@N05/43675619335/in/dateposted-public

https://www.flickr.com/photos/164455064@N05/43675619545/in/dateposted-public

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 9 2018 22:03:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Rdl - 22 minutes ago  » 
    Hello,
    I’ve been experiencing bite-type reactions for about a week and today found this. It was found alive on the table beside my couch. One photo shows size; the other has been zoomed in. Bug is on tape inside a Ziploc. I apologize for not embedding the photos; I tried to follow the tutorial instructions but couldn’t make it work. Thank you for your assistance.

Photos are fine linked to the hosting account. These are nymphs of anthocorid bugs, minute pirate bugs. These are predatory and sometimes they do bite to taste you, but not feed on you. Possible that this insect or more of them could have tasted you.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. Rdl

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Sep 9 2018 22:10:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you very much, Lou! I appreciate your response. Do these insects infest homes, or is it more likely a stray or two simply found their way indoors?

Thank you for the service you provide here.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,900 posts in 50,059 topics over 155 months by 21,883 of 22,370 members. Latest: Mary Borges, Pleasebegone2019, aims6186