Possible nymph?

(10 posts)
  1. Kbill28

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 0:22:16
    #

Login to Send PM

We recently had our home heat treated twice as the canine found bed bugs again after first treatment. Our home was cleared after the second treatment however I was convinced the bugs were not gone as my son was still getting clusters of bites. The pest tech set up sticky traps to monitor and today I woke up with faint pin pricks on my wrist so I checked the traps and found this inside. It was so small and faint colored that I removed it from the trap to get a better look. I had to remove some glue so I didn't tear it. I know the pictures are terrible but it was the best I could get. Could this be a nymph or am I simply losing my mind from all this?

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 0:46:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Picture is really bad and your finger in nearly the same shade doesn‘t help. Google book louse because the body seems fragmented. Don‘t think, anybody can give you a ID with those pictures.

3. Kbill28

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 1:03:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Picture is really bad and your finger in nearly the same shade doesn‘t help. Google book louse because the body seems fragmented. Don‘t think, anybody can give you a ID with those pictures.

I know the pictures are awful. I honestly still couldn't make it out after removing it from the trap this is a zoomed in image. I'm going to get a magnifying glass tomorrow and see if I can tell any better with it. Do book live live around beds? From what I've read they are found near food and don't bite. We absolutely don't eat in the bedrooms so there wouldn't be food in the room to attract it.

4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 1:11:24
    #

Login to Send PM

No they eat fungi and mold and living in humid environments. Bed rooms are often a little more humid because of sweating. They are often found in monitors, too

5. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 1:21:18
    #

Login to Send PM

But still, with this pictures, identification is quite hard.

6. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jun 2 2019 8:24:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Mawiwala - 7 hours ago  » 

The other fingers are in focus, but not the unknown object on the other finger. Can't say what it is. It would be best to place it on graph paper or lined paper so the phone/camera can autofocus on lines.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  7. Kbill28

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 7:30:59
    #

Login to Send PM

20190606_075806 found this at work. Is it a BB?

8. Kbill28

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 7:35:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Is this a bed bug? I found it at work.

9. Kbill28

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 7:36:27
    #

Login to Send PM

10. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Jun 6 2019 9:15:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Definitely nothing bed bug related.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956