Possible fecal stains? Please ID [a: testing with Bed Bug Blue recommended]

(2 posts)
  1. scaredandembarrassed

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 5 2014 1:54:33
    #

Login to Send PM

I have been getting "bites" for a while and found a bug on my bed 10 months ago after being out of town for over a week with only my cat staying consistently in my apartment or accessing my bedroom at all. My mattress and boxspring are very heavy and I cannot lift either on my own completely. I have lifted the mattress in sections and checked everything I can get access to but have seen no signs of bed bugs. I cannot lift my box spring but my cat pretty much climbs all around in there as it's her little hideout. I recently noticed redish-brown marks on the cloth shade of a metal lamp on my night stand and also on the top tissue in a box beside it. I unfortunately did not think to put something beside them for measure but they are about 1-2mm wide. They do not react to peroxide in any way visible to the naked eye. The lampshade is a crosshatch kind of texture. I don't quite understand the "smear test". When I dry scratched them they did nothing but they did kind of fade when I wet them with saliva. I have not purchased light sheets as they are pretty expensive for my overstuffed mattress. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

I sooo hope I'm doing this right!

2014-08-29 19.18.17 by scaredbuggy, on Flickr

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Fri Sep 5 2014 4:41:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

It does not appear to be faecal but a test with Bed Bug Blue would be recommended, if its negative its not faecal for sure.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus