(5 posts)
  1. sirlagerfeldthegreat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2014 10:00:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

I need some help identifying if these marks are bed bug fecal stains or not. The first 4 are all of the same spots, I noticed this morning on my bed frame, which has been taken apart because I'm moving very soon (oy vey). They're smooth to the touch but I rubbed them with a wet q-tip and they did come off a bit.
    The 5th is on the corner of my couch frame. These do not come off when rubbed, and are also smooth (or, not raised at all) to the touch. This corner of the couch is against my wall, which does have marks from the couch rubbing against it so I'm not sure if these are just the same thing from the wall and the couch touching.

I've been reading this site like crazy, and it's been very helpful with teaching me what to look for..
    I have gone over my entire mattress, sheets, comforter and there are no marks of any kind on them. I haven't found any shed skin/shells either.

Though, this morning when looking over all the bed frame pieces, I did have 2 very tiny clear bugs (nymphs?) moving across a different piece, at different times, than the one that has the marks. I smushed one and put the other on a piece of tape but it's almost impossible to see without magnification. I read on here about booklice and see how similar they are so I'm aware it could be that. I will say that, despite its size, it does look more elongated than bed bug nymphs apparently are..but I could be kidding myself. I did not see any other form of moving bug in my looking. This is the first time I've seen anything moving in my overall looking in the apartment.
    Same for my couch.
    I steamed and vacuumed yesterday for peace of mind.

I've got a couple possible bites here and there a couple weeks ago, but nothing itches or has bled. I also know that bites aren't reliable and everyone reacts to them differently.

Lastly, after reading about it on here, I did order bed bug blue but it won't be here until Friday most likely.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I am pretty terrified that I do have them and am not sure what to do if that's the case since I'm moving on Saturday...

Thank you!!

unnamed-3 by sirlagerfeldthegreat, on Flickr
    unnamed by sirlagerfeldthegreat, on Flickr
    unnamed-1 by sirlagerfeldthegreat, on Flickr
    unnamed-2 by sirlagerfeldthegreat, on Flickr
    unnamed-4 by sirlagerfeldthegreat, on Flickr

2. sirlagerfeldthegreat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2014 10:33:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Update: I looked at the clear bug I stuck on tape again. After holding it up to the window light I was able to see a clear outline that without a doubt shows a long torso and separate head. That would make it booklice, yes?

Again, thank you!

3. sirlagerfeldthegreat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Aug 27 2014 18:19:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Here is a bigger and clearer photo of the marks in question on wood.

unnamed6 by sirlagerfeldthegreat, on Flickr

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 28 2014 4:36:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Non of this is bedbug related.

The stain is too large to be faecal.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. sirlagerfeldthegreat

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Thu Aug 28 2014 9:30:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much David, that is incredibly helpful!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,754 posts in 49,796 topics over 154 months by 21,795 of 22,260 members. Latest: insecureuser, o0liver19, Laura07