1. BleuRoses

newbite

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 2:25:12
    #

Login to Send PM

Image 1
    Image 2

I spent a week in a hostel recently. Upon initial inspection of my bed, I did not notice any stains on the sheets, mattress, pillow/duvet cases, nor did I notice any live bugs hanging around. A few days into my stay I did notice two bites closer to my ankle, but I assumed it to be mosquito bites as there was a window which always remained open throughout the duration of my stay, instead of jumping to any unwanted conclusions.

After I left that hostel for a different city, I laundered all of my clothes and noticed some suspicious stains on the pyjama bottoms I slept in during my stay. The images are not of the best quality, but there is a cluster of little black dots on the back side and the other shows some lighter clusters on the front side near the pocket. There are also a few, much smaller black specs around the ankle/cuff area that I did not include photos of in this post. I am positive that these stains were not there prior to my arrival to the hostel. As stated previously, these bottoms have since been washed and dried on high heat, but the stains still remain and suspiciously resemble that of bed bug fecal matter... Could anyone be able to provide a second opinion on this matter?

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Sun Mar 17 2019 3:31:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The stains are not bedbug related. If you look at the example images in the “blood spots on sheets primer” you can see they are too diffuse and pale to be bedbug faecal.

I would suggest you monitor to confirm activity and read through the FAQ and useful tools sections so you know what to do.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,305 posts in 49,236 topics over 152 months by 21,584 of 22,005 members. Latest: Robbysee, Elephant88, Nobugsplsto