Possible fecal stain on hotel sheet? [a: friction mark]

(5 posts)
  1. Plsnobugseva

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 29 2016 18:10:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Just got to the hotel room removed the duvet thingy and saw this black spot. I thought it was a lint but it smeared. So just wondering if it is

Fecal?

2. Plsnobugseva

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Sat Oct 29 2016 19:11:07
    #

Login to Send PM

I did a quick scan of the bed nothing except that black smear. In my mind It's not but I might be wrong.

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Sun Oct 30 2016 9:09:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bed bug related. It is a friction mark, dirt deposited on a surface as it rubbed in an arc from lower right to upper left. If you look closely you can see how the stain sits on the raised parts of the material as it thins out and yet is deeper at the initial deposit.

Thanks for taking such a clear in focus image, it really helps to give us detail to work with.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Plsnobugseva

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 2:57:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks David,

Yeah I tired picking it up thinking it was lint then it smeared. Took a picture before I did more investigating.
    I read the fecal stain debate on this site from years ago about the flakes/specsks/dots. So that's why I wasn't sure. Btw the links from your old post doesn't work. Was there a change recently? Thanks again

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 5:57:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

One of the tasks that takes me away from things from time to time is website writing. To keep up with SEO and WWW guidelines is a full time job. While I try to keep the same file name structures this is not always possible and old links breakdown over the years.

If you let me know which ones you had issues with I will see if I can insert a patch to redirect to the new content location.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,743 posts in 49,539 topics over 153 months by 21,702 of 22,146 members. Latest: HelpMe342, tristramshandy123, germanhippie