Possible fecal spots which turned pink on a wet tissue

(3 posts)
  1. worrywart1

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 14:56:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Around two weeks ago, an incident happened that has been driving me crazy ever since. We have a futon that I spend a lot of time on in our family room - I sit there to read, watch TV, and sometimes fall asleep there. So if we did get bedbugs, the futon would be a somewhat likely place for them.

One night I left a folder lying on the futon before I went to bed. I believe the folder was clean when I left it there. The next morning I noticed two small spots on the folder. One was black and the other was mostly black with some blackish-red in it. I wanted to keep the folder, so I wetted a tissue (with tap water) and wiped the spots off. (The folder was made of coated paper, so it had a slick finish which would not have easily allowed anything to soak in.) They wiped off very easily, and I immediately noticed that all that was on the tissue was a pink smudge.

I have had a fear of bedbugs for a long time, and I realized right away that this could have been caused by bedbugs and I should have left the spots on the folder as evidence. But it was too late then. Also I didn’t keep the tissue, if that would have made any difference. So I have no evidence, only my recollection of what the spots and the pink smudge looked like. But the fact that the spots did turn into a pink smudge on the wet tissue is troubling. I could describe the size and appearance of the spots as I recall them, if that would help, but I’m not sure it would because I have read that only pictures are useful, not descriptions.

I have had Packtite passive monitors on the bed and the futon for about a week and nothing has showed up yet.

Here are my questions.

1) Is there anything else at all that could have made black/blackish-red spots that wiped right off and turned into a pink smudge on a wet tissue?
    2) I’m thinking of calling a PCO but I’m wondering if a PCO would even come to my house based on a description of no-longer-existing spots that became a pink smudge on a no-longer-existing wet tissue? Should I call someone or wait for actual evidence which I could show them?

Another piece of information: the futon is black and I had a black sheet on it, so nothing would have been obvious anywhere but on the folder. I have since put a light-colored sheet on it and nothing has showed up.

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 15:12:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Bb fecal doesn‘t smear pink. It would smear in a brownish, rusty color. With this description I wouldn‘t suspect bed bugs not even blood.

3. worrywart1

newbite

Posted 1 week ago
    Wed Dec 4 2019 17:01:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you, Mawiwala. Now I am doubting my recollection of the color of the smudge. But I'm pretty sure it was pink. Do you have any idea if this could be from another type of insect? I can't imagine what got on the folder during the night that was black/blackish red and then turned, as I remember it, pink when wiped onto a wet tissue. As you can tell, I am trying to overcome a bad frame of mind. It would help me stop obsessing if I knew what it could be. Feel free to make up something (not really!)

Anyway, based on your reply, I assume it would not make sense at this point to call a PCO for an inspection, right?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14