Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Possible fecal - ID please (but passive monitors clear)

(3 posts)
  1. borderingonobsessed

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Sun Apr 24 2016 23:05:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi everyone,

6 weeks of feeling free of these bugs and finally getting back to normal then we stayed in a couple of suspect home stays here in the Philippines with friends who were travelling over here and now I'm terrified we have picked up bed bugs again

I have a passive monitor under the slats of my bed frame and have had it there a week with no signs of any fecal, eggs or shed skins. Yesterday evening I found the following two black spots on one of our pillows: https://flic.kr/p/Ga3FAW

I'm sure it looks like fecal but find it strange it would be on the pillow and the passive monitor would be completely clean?!

Any help or ID appreciated!

Thanks

2. player

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 25 2016 9:44:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Shape and pattern does not look like fecal to me (not a pro but somewhat knowledgeable). You can test with Bed Bug Blue, but it looks like mascara to me! My partner uses it and they look quiet farmilure.

3. borderingonobsessed

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Mon Apr 25 2016 10:03:06
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply! It was on the underside of my boyfriends pillow so assuming mascara isn't the culprit (although that would be better than bed bugs again!!!). Unfortunately I can't get my hands on bed bug blue here in the Philippines (bed bugs aren't even considered an issue out here really!)... We only have passive monitors because my mum brought them over from the UK when she came to visit last month and I didn't think to order beg bug blue kits too. Hoping you're right about it not being fecal though. Think I'll just have to stay vigilant for now

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,696 posts in 50,018 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur