Possible Fecal [a: likely roach or fly feces]

(4 posts)
  1. Downwiththebugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 23 2017 15:05:56
    #

Login to Send PM

There are some fecal stains from some bug (dont know which) but wanted to know if they are BB fecal. These stains are on the frame of the door in my kitchen which leads to the garage. My two dogs sleep in this area and I don't if BB would feed on them and leave traces on the door. I'm also suspecting it could be spider droppings.

Picture_20172022052051 by To Con, on Flickr

Picture_20172222052229 by To Con, on Flickr

Picture_20172222052207 by To Con, on Flickr

Picture_20172122052121 by To Con, on Flickr

I did have a pretty bad infestation in my basement which I had heat treated and sprayed about a year ago. Multiple K9 inspections of my home have come up negative. I am still getting small pimple like reactions on my neck, arms, and shoulders. My son also gets similar skin reactions. I know you can't confirm bed bugs based off of that and have not seen any other signs other than what I believe where from the old infestation.

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 23 2017 15:10:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Most likely roach or fly.

If you had that level of faecal with bed bugs it would be in the bedroom or the sofa and you would have no problems finding live samples and cast skins alongside them.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Downwiththebugs

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Mar 23 2017 15:31:06
    #

Login to Send PM

bed-bugscouk - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi,
    Most likely roach or fly.
    If you had that level of faecal with bed bugs it would be in the bedroom or the sofa and you would have no problems finding live samples and cast skins alongside them.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

Thank you David, after I posted I thought to myself most likely roach.

I am in the process of possibly selling my home (not because of BBs in the past but because my family is growing and need a bigger home). I have not found any signs of BBs since my EXPENSIVE heat and chemical treatment last year. My son and I continue to get bite looking marks which makes me wonder but again I know that doesn't prove anything. I have had 2 K9 inspections that came back negative since my treatment last year.

Even after doing all that I think about the possibility of selling my home and having the new owners possibly encounter a problem. I have done everything possible to be at peace that they are gone and want to sell my home knowing that whoever buys it will enjoy it like I did.

That being said is there any monitoring you suggest? I already monitor using your passive monitors on the bed and have used climb ups in the past (not sure how effective those are). My bed frame is made of wood with cracks here and there which makes it difficult to monitor. Appreciate any info!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Mar 24 2017 4:48:54
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

If you use Passive Monitors and are clear for the recommended length of time then you are clear.

I would consider being open and honest about your previous issue and documenting exactly what you have done and continue to do. This way you can turn what initially appears to be a negative into something very positive.

Would you rather move into a home with an unknown status for bed bugs or one where the occupant has been vigilant and clear?

It really is a better the devil; you know about situation and I have to be honest I "face plant" every time I hear people say they are moving to a place with no bed bug history, its an ostrich defense at best.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,735 posts in 48,882 topics over 151 months by 21,459 of 21,861 members. Latest: NHbugs, nervousbackpacker, SimpleObserver