Possible blood stain from bed bug?

(3 posts)
  1. nemosbitch

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Aug 6 2019 23:09:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Found on sheets new from last night I’m pretty sure. Does this look characteristic of a bed bug blood stain?

https://imgur.com/a/3elUDqh

2. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Aug 7 2019 4:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Well, it is most likely blood but not fecal. Looks more like it is from a scratch or pimple. Blood doesn't confirm bed bugs and I don't believe you have them.

Can you tell me, why you believe you have bed bugs?

3. nemosbitch

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Wed Aug 7 2019 18:59:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Honestly I just moved into a new place three weeks ago and have been finding lots of bugs (none confirmed as bedbugs yet) and am SUPER anxious about bedbugs and keep finding things that might hint at them but nothing has ever confirmed that I do have them (e.g. x2 blood stains like the one pictured above, bumps on my skin that look like bites). I also have a skin condition where I get lots of small red bumps that look like bug bites and I keep getting new ones so that is making me nervous as well. I just want confirmation that I dont have bedbugs but I don’t have that yet.

We have been sleeping in the apt for 3 weeks. Sprayed with Raid Bedbug spray and Moved in our furniture 1 week earlier before we started staying there. Bed was moved into the apt in an encasement but no traps or anything. Set-up interceptor traps under bed legs the night that we started staying there and have had them on since. Havent caught an adult bedbug but cant rule out eggs/nymphs. I have been inspecting everything like crazy and have come up with plenty of other bugs (spiders, book lice, carpet beetles, grain beetles, speingtails) confirmed either on here or by exterminator. My boyfriend who lives with me has not gotten any bites.

How will I know that I do not have bedbugs?? I think I saw a post that said 60 days no signs in interceptors then I am in the clear. However my boyfriend sleeps/lays on the couch late at night then will go to sleep in the bed without changing clothes, so i dont know if the bed is truly in isolation.

I ordered some passive monitors and will try those. Can I use them with the mattress encased and the interceptors? If I do that how many days without signs will I know I am in the clear? There are just so many bugs in this new apartment and I am scared shitless that bedbugs are another one of them.

I also have a bedbug dog inspection scheduled for two weeks from now.

Any advice/guidance that you have is greatly appreciated!

Also somewhat unrelated but I caught this in a glue trap in our living room. Doesnt look like bedbug but does anyone know what it could be?
    https://imgur.com/a/8daSKTD

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula