Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Possible bedbug ID and advice needed please!

(8 posts)
  1. BuggeddOutt

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jul 26 2018 8:51:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Yesterday I had to take my son to the doctor and when we went to sit in the waiting room i saw a bug on the chair, it was already dead and smushed. I'm pretty sure it's a bed bug. I decontaminated our clothes, shoes, and my purse as soon as we got home. Gave my son a bath and took a shower. I didn't see any other evidence at the office, what are the chances of getting infested from this incident? I'm concerned about the car since we drove home in it and also about my mom who came with us. We only sat in the waiting room for 2 min but she waited about 30. She also followed procedure when she got home but guys I'm so nervous. I've already had bbs twice in my life and I don't think I can deal again. Thank you in advance for any replies. This forum saves my sanity.

Pic1 https://imgur.com/gallery/qiZcu4i

Pic2 https://imgur.com/gallery/3Sti0ns

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jul 26 2018 10:03:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Sounds like you took the proper precautions. The insect is too mangled for me to make a proper ID but it doesn't look like a bed bug to me.

3. BuggeddOutt

Posted 1 year ago
    Thu Jul 26 2018 14:05:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for your reply, if not a bed bug any guess on what it is? And assuming it was a bed bug do you think I should treat the car or would that be overkill?

4. BuggeddOutt

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Jul 27 2018 8:19:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Still looking for advice. I won't lie to y'all, I have very severe anxiety with anything bug related and most especially bed bugs. I'm still freaking out about the possibility of a bug being transferred to the car. I thought about maybe using nuvan strips in the car but apparently you need to let it sit for 3 weeks which just doesn't seem feasible. I thought about calling the exterminator to check and maybe see about treating it but I really can't afford it. I would if I had to but I'd rather not if it wasn't necessary. If someone could tell me either yes it's a bed bug, you should probably get it inspected or no it's not and you should be fine that would be great lol. I know that's a lot to ask and it's not always that easy, especially with low quality pics of a crushed bug but I'm desperate guys. Or even erring on the side of caution and say it was a bedbug what are the chances that the actual waiting room seating is infested and that something might've been transferred to my car? I'm sure I sound like a crazy person but unfortunately these bugs make me crazy. I really appreciate any and all advice, I'm just so thankful for this forum.

5. BuggeddOutt

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 9:08:09
    #

Login to Send PM

Well guys the BBPTSD is real. I've been so itchy and paranoid these past few days. I'm still stumped about what to do concerning my car. My husband drove it to work Friday and brought some groceries and stuff home, I nearly had a panic attack trying to quickly check his shoes, bag up clothes and subsequently check all food and packages for bugs. There was a little dot of what looked like blood on a styrofoam box but I'm trying to convince myself that that doesn't mean anything. I carried the item in and my hands usually crack and bleed from washing them too much. So probably nothing.. but I'm still freaking out. I will eventually need to use the car again, I'm thinking maybe I'll go to the carwash and vacuum it really well, which will make it easier to see if there is evidence in the future and maybe get some kind of monitor? And just keep following procedure when we come home. Thoughts?

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 10:17:27
    #

Login to Send PM

I've only had to deal with one vehicle infestation. The client had been homeless and sleeping in his truck so bed bugs were very easy to spot with just a basic inspection.
    It's not a common occurrence; stay vigilant, but I don't think you're at risk with the information you provided.

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 10:58:24
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 4 days ago  » 
    Sounds like you took the proper precautions. The insect is too mangled for me to make a proper ID but it doesn't look like a bed bug to me.

I agree. Difficult to see clearly.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  8. BuggeddOutt

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Jul 30 2018 14:35:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you thank you thank you!! I'm just going to vacuum, inspect, get a monitor and call it good. No sense in worrying anymore when we can't even be sure it was a bedbug in the first place. Thank you guys, I was losing my mind over here.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus