Possible bed bugs

(4 posts)
  1. stonewall02

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 17:36:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Recently it was confirmed that a family member had bed bugs at their house. They've been over to my house recently and even sat on my bed for 10ish mins in the last week. So now I'm really paranoid that I will get them in my house. I bought some of the mattress bags but one ripped due to poor quality. Before I spend any more money I wanted some advice:

1. What are the chance of someone bringing them into your house on a visit (no one spent the night)?
    2. what precautionary measures should I take (mattress/pillow bags)?
    3. Are the passive and active monitors worth the investment instead of or in addition to the bags?

I have found no signs of bed bugs to be honest, just trying to do all I can to either prevent them or stop it before it gets bad. Thanks for any advice

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 20:25:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Passive monitors in occupied bedrooms are a good investment for anyone (in my opinion). And while it is a possibility for them to have shared their friends, I think it's less likely than if you had stayed in an infested hotel or something. For peace of mind, change your bed sheets often, washing/drying in hot water and high heat, and do a room search every now and again.

Mr Cain has a video on YouTube about how to do monthly bedroom cleanings and checks, which even if you don't have BB's is a great way to stay clean! I believe the YouTube handle is BedBugsCoUk (or similar). I'll try to find it and come back with a link for you

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 20:30:10
    #

Login to Send PM

Here's one: https://youtu.be/DcWPh14wiV8

Here's another: https://youtu.be/HxsYfX9S1C0

I'll be honest, I've watched so many I don't remember which one helped more.

4. stonewall02

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Sep 4 2017 20:36:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the links and the help

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,696 posts in 50,018 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur