Possible bed bug [a: isopod]

(5 posts)
  1. orangebug

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 11 2015 6:39:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I've been getting bites for nearly six weeks. I found a bug exactly like this one while changing my sheets six weeks ago, then the bites started. Had a dog in and it cleared the place. Had a spray for bed bugs just in case and a follow up spray and washed my sheets. Still getting bitten and just found this bug, which I'm keeping in a bag. Can someone tell me what it is? I've been reading maybe carpet beetle but I don't see how I could have this many bites if so. There have been hundreds.

Thanks.

2. GoVikes15

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 11 2015 7:32:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to hear you've been getting bites the past several weeks! The bug above is definitely not a bed bug, but hopefully the experts on this forum can tell you what it is. Looks like a pill bug to me.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Sat Jul 11 2015 7:52:53
    #

Login to Send PM

It's an isopod, a land crustacean, AKA roly poly, woodlouse. You can see that it has many more legs than 3 pair, an amount that insects have.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. frustratednj1

newbite

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 22 2016 8:09:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I am in the same situation, I got cleared by the dog inspection but I'm getting bites. Found a dead bug that looks like this one.
    https://imgur.com/a/plquE

Do they bite? What action should I take?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 years ago
    Tue Mar 22 2016 10:12:32
    #

Login to Send PM

frustratednj1 - 2 hours ago  » 
    I am in the same situation, I got cleared by the dog inspection but I'm getting bites. Found a dead bug that looks like this one.
    https://imgur.com/a/plquE
    Do they bite? What action should I take?

Answered questions on other thread.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,680 posts in 49,526 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982