Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Possible bed bug infestation - how to treat my laptop?

(4 posts)
  1. sunflower96

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jun 24 2019 17:00:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,

I had some strange bites on my skin like a week ago and since then I've had two new singular bites on my upper leg and on my ankle. I'm now worried that my apartment might have bed bugs. I haven't seen any signs of bed bugs at all (feces, blood stains, bed bug eggs or bed bugs, smell etc.) anywhere in my room.

I'm moving away next week and will only take my clothes, some books and some food with me. I'll pack everything in plastic bags. Once I reach my destination everything will go to the freezer in plastic bags (-18 Celsius) for at least for 7 or 8 days.

The only thing that I have been thinking about is my smartphone and laptop. I haven't had my laptop anywhere near my bed, but I have kept it in a laptop bag at my desk or in our living room on the table there. My laptop's model is Lenovo IdeaPad S130 and it's sealed in the bottom, so nothing cannot get in through there. The only holes in my laptop are power in, 3 USB holes, HDMI hole, Novo button (but that's a way too small for bed bug to crawl in), microSD card reader (I think that's also too small hole for bed bug to live in) and audio jack (again it's a really small hole).

So in my laptop, the only places where bed bugs could live are the USB ports and I can effortlessly use them (so I don't think that there are anything living in there). When I got my next place, I'll put the laptop bag in a rubbish bag as well and throw it into the freezer as well. Do you think that inspecting my laptop carefully with a flashlight and trying every possible USB port would be enough since I haven't found any signs of bed bugs? I'll, of course, do this outside.

When it comes to smartphone, it only has a USB port and I have loaded it every night, so I don't really think that there are any bed bugs in there.

Thanks a lot in advance <3

2. blackavar

Posted 2 months ago
    Mon Jun 24 2019 20:53:31
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello, if you cannot find any bedbugs in your bed, couch, any furniture close to the bed, it is unlikely that they would be in your laptop, which is a distance away from your bed. They usually prefer nesting near their food source. It is also possible that the bites are not from bedbugs.

3. pampas

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jun 25 2019 6:08:20
    #

Login to Send PM

Although anything is possible, only in heavy infestations they will colonize electronics. I have 3 laptops which I vacuumed a lot and I use them without fear. My infestations is/was mild.

4. Mawiwala

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jun 26 2019 7:54:38
    #

Login to Send PM

You can put it in a thick closed bag with some Nuvam ProStripes from bedbugsupply (10 days). Protect yourself. Air it out.

Sometimes a cloth dripped with 3 teaspoons of neem oil within the bag can do the trick, too (7 days). Smelly!

LCD Displays will Freeze in a freezer. Better use something toxic. The can crawl into your Laptop throug the usb ports.

But I don't think you have bed bugs. Your bites can just be mosquito bites. And if you have some, than it seem to be only one. Not likely that it hides in your laptop.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982