Possible Bed Bug Infestation?

(2 posts)
  1. invisiblekid

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Aug 6 2009 0:04:19
    #

Login to Send PM

I just found out today my girlfriend has bed bugs in her apartment. I've slept over a few times and noticed itchy red bumps on my body after, so I guess it makes sense.

Shes really worried I somehow carried the bugs home with me and now my place is infested too. (How likely is this, by the way?)

Today I washed and dried all my bedsheets at hot temperatures, then inspected my mattress for any signs of bugs. I looked through the seams and didn't notice anything, then a vacuumed the bed for good measure.

I spent the next few hours moving all furniture in my room and vacuuming underneath and along the wall boarders and any other places I could imagine bugs hiding in. I didn't find anything but large amounts of dust lol. And yes, I quickly got rid of the vacuum bag so they don't crawl back out

I didn't see any evidence of bed bugs such as blood spots, eggs, skin casings, poop (my sheets are white, which i guess would make those things easier to spot) so does that mean I probably don't have them? What are some other things I can do to make sure I don't have bed bugs?

2. DrFrank

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Aug 6 2009 0:53:30
    #

Login to Send PM

To determine if you've got the bugs, buy or make some monitors.

Bugs will have climbed off any stuff you brought back, but eggs might not yet have hatched. What clothes did you wear? Did you bring anything with you? Backpack? Wallet? Shoes? Books?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982