Possible BB Feces

(4 posts)
  1. CrazyTrain

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 20:15:34
    #

Login to Send PM

When I woke up this morning, I found small black specs right next to my shoulder on my sheets. I read somewhere that BB feces sometimes resembles ground black pepper flakes, so I immediately became concerned. I wet my fingers and tried to remove or smear the black specs, and I was able to remove the specs without staining or smearing. This gave me some peace of mind since I also read that BB feces will smear when wet or would have already stained the porous material (such as bed sheets). I’ve also read that BB feces has a consistency similar to toothpaste, so you can’t really pick it up without smearing. However, I don’t remember exactly where I read the pepper flake description or the smearing/toothpaste description. Plus, finding black specs on my sheets without a reason definitely concerns me. Can anyone validate or dismiss these descriptions of BB feces?

I’ve also attached pictures of these black specs I transferred onto wet toilet paper. Does it look like BB feces?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://flic.kr/p/2h1TJde

https://flic.kr/p/2h1TJaZ

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 21:10:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't know where you're reading this info but stop going to that site, it sounds like a load of crap.
    That's an unlikely location, bed bugs tend to defecate on the outskirts of their refuge. The deposits can dry and have an almost Braille feeling when left on a solid surface. When initially excreted it is in liquid form and can bleed into materials like the fabric on a box spring or the piping of a mattress. With a bit of saliva on your fingertip you should be able to smear the bed bug's feces.
    Best not to confuse it with toothpaste.

3. CrazyTrain

newbite

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Mon Aug 19 2019 22:56:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the detailed response!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 weeks ago
    Tue Aug 20 2019 2:26:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Around here the items referred to as “pepper flakes” were NEVER linked to bedbugs with proof. There was a spate about 10 years ago but nothing was conclusive. I think I wrote a PDF at the time but that was mainly to document how the flakes were more angular and “cracked” than bedbug Fae cal would be.

There is lots of inaccurate writings about bedbugs on the internet and one of the reasons we work so hard to keep things accurate around here is the world needs at least one source that’s accurate.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,804 posts in 49,552 topics over 153 months by 21,709 of 22,154 members. Latest: Jcschw, Zirrion, Natureboy325