Possible BB bite??

(3 posts)
  1. Lakuna777

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Nov 25 2017 9:58:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I woke up yesterday to a single mark on my upper thigh. Can anyone identify? I have no other bite marks, and it doesnt itch (when I had dealt with these bastards in 2013 I had the classic triple bites and they itched). There are no signs I can find on my mattress either; looked with a flashlight in between the box spring and mattress. Bed is moated with DM as well. No marks of feeding around the pillow, or on the sheets. Haven't stripped the bed yet, though.

Pictures are taken approx 7 hours apart, at 1am and 9am today.

Picture 1: https://imgur.com/Fc03jFC

Picture 2: https://imgur.com/Sym7wTm

I'm going out of my mind with anxiety; don't want to deal with this again!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Sun Nov 26 2017 23:36:31
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can identify skin reactions as bed bug bites. Not even a dermatologist.

Instead, look for visual signs of bed bugs. If they’re present, they will be biting and leaving fecal stains. Those can be identified. And if you don’t know how to inspect for them, a professional can.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Lakuna777

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Mon Nov 27 2017 10:38:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for the reply, Nobugsonme. That's what I suspected (that you can't ID from marks alone). Because I'm not finding any of the other visual signs (marks on the sheets, etc), or anything in my passive traps, I'm going to try my best to remain calm and continue checking over the next month or so for any other signs.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,942 posts in 49,856 topics over 154 months by 21,816 of 22,282 members. Latest: bobtheworry, Whiskeygirl, bbquest19