Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed bug pest control firms (PCOs), Bed bug k9s, etc.

Positive Id, inspection scheduled, what's best next?

(4 posts)
  1. Nervousnelly5

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Apr 25 2017 19:10:54
    #

Login to Send PM

We found a casting. The guy is coming tomorrow, song with the k9 to see extent of the problem. The house that we moved into Friday is where we found it. An older lady lived there and had a caregiver who stayed nights with her. They cleaned sheets weekly, vacuumed, and cleaned regularly. They never were aware of the problem. The home is older, with tons of carpet, some wallpaper (kitchen, one small bedroom, and bathrooms. With that noted, if there definitely is an active problem, what is best treatment? I'm leaning towards heat treatment and chemical treatments. I want them gone asap if it's legit. Is that possible and if so, how? Please shed your wisdom to the panicked girl!

2. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Apr 25 2017 20:13:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Make sure you confirm it is a current problem. The pros here have noted that cast skins are like pine needles and glitter-- they tend to blow around and then pop up again later. It may not be a current problem at all based on that alone.

If you can find a good, reputable provider, heat plus residual chemicals or dusts can work, but they may not kill them all with heat, so it may not necessarily be faster.

If you have a small problem, heat is very expensive and you can probably do well with someone who uses a combination of steam/pesticides/dusts or maybe even the latter two.

Find out if it's a current problem and how widespread/serious it is and then we can say more.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  3. Nervousnelly5

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue Apr 25 2017 20:19:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you! I never thought I could say this, but I feel a little bit more calm. Seriously, thank you! Once the inspection occurs tomorrow, I will post back.

Last question for the night, would a k9 be able to pick up scent if it's not an active problem?

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed Apr 26 2017 0:49:42
    #

Login to Send PM

You need to ask the handler about that.

We recommend only using handlers who visually verify all IDs. Hopefully you already know about that and this one does.

See this FAQ on bed bug dogs: https://bedbugger.com/2010/03/10/bed-bug-dogs-what-you-need-to-know/

Good luck and let us know what happens.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

277,753 posts in 45,865 topics over 139 months by 20,195 of 21,000 members. Latest: dmlee, curiousbug123, bbcurious