Positive Casting ID But Enough?

(5 posts)
  1. beetlemania

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 21:26:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Two well regarded bb companies inspected my apt. Neither found them anywhere on mattress/box spring or bedroom. Neighbors have bites, me too 3 weeks and charteristic 3 bite rows, and misc ones.
    Qs Are they really that difficult to find?
    One pro said he found a bb casting. looked in several rooms. He's a biologist. He also IDed cigerette beetle castings & dead one. Yes have bbs. Second pro looked on mattress/box spring and easily viewable walls. No actual bed bug (bug only) evidence no treatment. Specimens I collected were negative.
    Q Are castings considered good enough evidence? PCO has 20 + yrs experience. If yes I need to find documentation of such for building owner.

2. chipsahoy1

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 22:07:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Who did you get and are you in NYC? I need a respected person to inspect my room and figure out whats biting me.

3. misery

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 22:12:30
    #

Login to Send PM

Where did he find it? If it was on a freshly laundered pillow, it could be recent. If it was on a baseboard behind a dresser that hasn't been moved in a year, it may have been old. I am not a professional but I think where he found it would matter to me if I were trying to determine age.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  4. beetlemania

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 22:22:47
    #

Login to Send PM

chipsahoy1 - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Who did you get and are you in NYC? I need a respected person to inspect my room and figure out whats biting me.

In Chicago. But there is a PCO section here and their town locations. Also search for city locations here. I'm new but you might google "bedbuggers, PCO, NYC or NY." That's what I do if can't find my topic.

5. beetlemania

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Oct 7 2016 22:29:43
    #

Login to Send PM

misery - 11 minutes ago  » 
    Where did he find it? If it was on a freshly laundered pillow, it could be recent. If it was on a baseboard behind a dresser that hasn't been moved in a year, it may have been old. I am not a professional but I think where he found it would matter to me if I were trying to determine age.

In living room under papers on a table. Actually I've been searching myself and pointed it out to him. The color seems right. Not happy about that because I was hoping they were just in bdrm and too new of an issue to have spread. I've lived in same for may years and have super sentative skin. So I think it new issue bc bites began recently.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,416 posts in 48,817 topics over 151 months by 21,435 of 21,838 members. Latest: dc8184, bedbugtoronto, stinson