Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Improve the Site

PM Glitch

(3 posts)
  1. nycyn

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 17:05:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Sometimes I want to PM somebody without looking for his/her post and clicking on PM this person. When I go to "new PM" the name of the first person in the scroll down list appears in the send box. I can not remove that name from the send box and enter one that I want. Can you fix it? Thank you.

2. nycyn

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 18 2010 21:14:53
    #

Login to Send PM

And another thing.

If people's location could be posted under their ID/avatar. Take yet another hysterical newbie enters the board. To ask over and over where are you--what State, etc. gets old.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Tue Oct 19 2010 0:28:34
    #

Login to Send PM

nycyn - 7 hours ago  » 
    Sometimes I want to PM somebody without looking for his/her post and clicking on PM this person. When I go to "new PM" the name of the first person in the scroll down list appears in the send box. I can not remove that name from the send box and enter one that I want. Can you fix it? Thank you.

The first name which appears for some reason is "katagi" but if you scroll down (it's a drop down menu), you get an alphabetical list of all users. It works in Firefox. Please try it in your browser and report back.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

In regard to your second question, it would be helpful to know where people are from. Keep in mind most don't ever tell us. People can put their location in their profile (there's no obvious spot for it, but "interests" would work.

The two slots on the post which are automatically populated by the system are username and member status (e.g. "newbite," "oldtimer").

I wish there was an easy fix for asking for people's locations and getting this to display somehow, but this is not simple. Sorry.

If you have other requests, please respond to this thread in future (I will subscribe to it, and you can favorite it to keep track of it) or send me an email (email is much preferred to PMs because I cannot delete or archive PMs). I don't always see requests like this right away if you just post them to the forums.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,669 posts in 49,314 topics over 152 months by 21,612 of 22,037 members. Latest: Jaded48, ctd2289, N52B30AE