Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

please will someone please give me advice. desperate

(7 posts)
  1. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 8:16:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't gotten many responses when I post but I really could use SOME ONE help out here PLEASE. I had noticed bites for 2 weeks til I tore apart my room and was able to locate 1 bed bug on my box spring. I had to leave town due to a death in the family then once I came back, had an exterminator come and treat my whOle house. I live in a Single family 2 story home. I washed and dried and over dried all my belongings. I had my son stay at my mom's til the 2nd round of treatment. I although stayed there after my 2nd shift job to sleep and I made sure I slept in both the rooms. I had my 2nd treatment monday. Last night , my son came back and slept. I felt like I may be beating this. As everything is bagged and binned. But today my son wakes up with 2 welts of his arm. I also react but haven't gotten but 1 bite which was sunday night. I feel defeated. What am I to do!!!!!? I also have vacuumed all corners of the whole home including bedrooms. I ordered cimexa and applied it to every baseboard and crevice in my son's room this morning after I saw his arm. I also put some between his mattress and box spring. I don't know where these bastards are hiding as I have seen NO signs what so ever of them besides the 1 sighting in my room. I live in a older home so I don't know if they are taking shelter deep in my walls as there are lots of crevices to hide. I seriously am ready to chuck everything I own besides a few sentimental belongings, my son's toys and our clothes...clean them then move to my mom's and save up for 3 to 5 months for new furniture. I seriously am ready to throw everything else I own away and flee. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Is this a winning battle. Please can someone help

Also , should I contact my exterminator about this? He just treated Monday and I don't know if he could do anything for me

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 8:32:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Firstly bedbugs do not live deep inside the walls unless they are either driven there through treatment or if they are coming in from an adjoining neighbor.

If you have not checked the neighbors its time to chat with anyone that adjoins onto you (you can use the newsletters that you will find in the FAQs).

I would also advise that you check the posts I have made about "infestation dynamics" and "local sources" in case its feasible that your son is the one introducing the problem to the home.

It may also help in getting an accurate and informative response if you included more details as to what products have been used int he treatments to date in case there is something obvious that those with experience can give you feedback on.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 8:37:25
    #

Login to Send PM

He has been staying at my mom's and he hasn't gotten any bites and my mom doesn't have them for sure. I live in a Single family home. Not sure what my exterminator used but he told me he would kill them off for me and has a 90 day guarantee. Where can I find your info? Is it under your profile? Sorry I am new. I have high doubt my son has them clinging to him and he has been welt free since he was taken out of my home until last night. I'm sure the problem is in my home.

bed-bugscouk - 1 minute ago  » 
    Hi,
    Firstly bedbugs do not live deep inside the walls unless they are either driven there through treatment or if they are coming in from an adjoining neighbor.
    If you have not checked the neighbors its time to chat with anyone that adjoins onto you (you can use the newsletters that you will find in the FAQs).
    I would also advise that you check the posts I have made about "infestation dynamics" and "local sources" in case its feasible that your son is the one introducing the problem to the home.
    It may also help in getting an accurate and informative response if you included more details as to what products have been used int he treatments to date in case there is something obvious that those with experience can give you feedback on.
    Hope that helps.
    David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 8:40:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry but that does not exclude him from being a local source, if you use the search box in the top right you can find posts that contain those terms and understand more about what I am referring to.

The exterminator is supposed to leave you with details of what products have been used at the time of treatment. If they have not you should contact them and ask why they did not do this.

David

5. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 12:56:59
    #

Login to Send PM

I believe I know where I got them from. The only place my son goes to is school , otherwise I don't know how else he would get them. I have inspected his Clothes and book bag and haven't seen anything. My son is only in 1st grade so he doesn't go anywhere much else without me. I guess I could contact his school but I still don't think that's where they are coming from. Also do you mean you think my exterminator didn't treat properly? This is really stressful and I'm just looking for answers.

bed-bugscouk - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Sorry but that does not exclude him from being a local source, if you use the search box in the top right you can find posts that contain those terms and understand more about what I am referring to.
    The exterminator is supposed to leave you with details of what products have been used at the time of treatment. If they have not you should contact them and ask why they did not do this.
    David

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 13:20:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The options are school or the mode of transport used to get from home to school and back again (including any stop off places) plus any locations he goes on his own such as friends houses etc.

You may also find posts about using a plastic box to step into when arriving home to isolate any potential external sources.

Yes its possible that its a failure in treatment but its on par with the level of risk that this is an reintroduction given that the key constant in the activity is in fact your son.

Yes it can be stressful, I do appreciate that (I have spent 12 years working with people and their bedbug issues) but focus and reading to get the concept and reality of things will really help, the FAQ may seem long but its where the best information is stored.

David

7. Beingbitten77

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 14:41:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok thanks . My exterminator said he will come again sooner if anyone gets a new bite. I am the one who takes my son to school and I had my car completely detailed and steam cleaned during the first treatment. I will see what else I can do. Maybe I should have slept more in his room and they were just hiding out. I also had my mom order some climb ups for their beds but no one has been bitten at my mom's. But I am keeping an eye on that as well. Thanks for your responses

bed-bugscouk - 1 hour ago  » 
    Hi,
    The options are school or the mode of transport used to get from home to school and back again (including any stop off places) plus any locations he goes on his own such as friends houses etc.
    You may also find posts about using a plastic box to step into when arriving home to isolate any potential external sources.
    Yes its possible that its a failure in treatment but its on par with the level of risk that this is an reintroduction given that the key constant in the activity is in fact your son.
    Yes it can be stressful, I do appreciate that (I have spent 12 years working with people and their bedbug issues) but focus and reading to get the concept and reality of things will really help, the FAQ may seem long but its where the best information is stored.
    David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982