please welcome a new member Bedbug_Undertaker

(18 posts)
  1. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 12:57:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Just to let you all know that Bedbug_Undertaker is a good close friend of mine and something of a star within our organisation. She is the one we pay to sleep in infected locations.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  2. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 13:20:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi all ,

Thanks for the welcome David

Sparks Johnstone

BB Cleaning Services

3. cilecto

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 13:31:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome, Sparks.
    Do you react?
    How do you work without freaking?

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night...
    - Psalms 91:5-7

(Not an pro)
  4. Koebner

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 13:35:54
    #

Login to Send PM

No way on god's green I could do your job.
    Respek, as I am led to believe the young persons say.

5. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 13:41:41
    #

Login to Send PM

yes cilecto I am a bite respondent however, once I have finished hosting my bites disappear within 4 or 5 days.
    I work without freaking because I find sleeping with them teaches me a lot about their living habits and also gives me the heads up on which areas I will need to focus on for the post treatment deep clean and bed bug undertaking at the end of the job.
    Also I have the pleasure of knowing that in order to bite me the bugs have walked over the chemical and they will die because they bit me

6. beruska

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 13:57:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome Sparks and my admiration to what you do for living. I am sure you will be a great asset and help here, which will be greatly appreciated, by us, freaked out bedbuggers.

7. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 14:00:02
    #

Login to Send PM

@ Koebner I may be a tad old for respek

Thanks for the welcome beruska

8. Rosae

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 14:07:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it also a behavior study; e.g. one family is sprayed blue, the other orange and another family green and do they always go back to their original nest? Or is it rather the testing of chemicals?

9. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 14:48:09
    #

Login to Send PM

No Rosea painting coloured dots on the backs of bugs is Richard Naylor's department he's much more artistic than me

10. djames1921

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 15:56:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome! You were a bed bug celebrity already as I had heard tales of you. I think you will contribute greatly to this forum and help many.

11. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 16:20:52
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Sparks,

I've also heard a lot about you from David. Welcome!

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  12. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 16:54:29
    #

Login to Send PM

I have no idea how you do that. I am both horrified and mesmerized.

I guess it's the knowledge that you can walk away anytime you want that makes it a little less freaky deaky, scary and depressing.

13. Bedbug_Undertaker

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 18:05:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks Nobugsonme and DJames1921 ( heard a lot about you too )

AshamedandScratching it's not quite that easy, once you agree to sleep with someone's infestation you have a contract to fulfill, walking away is not an option. At present I have spent 2 nights in my own bed in the last 4 weeks and 4 nights away elsewhere. I'm hosting a few rooms at a London based building in the hospitality sector. Doing back to back hosting with maybe a night off in between rooms. I have 2 to 4 more weeks of hosting in and around London, simply because it's becoming more of a demand. I may be lucky and get a few months break before the next round but then you never know when that phone rings if it's going to be a request to do undertaking or hosting.
    Have been in some heavy infestations so I do understand the psychological effect too.
    But being able to go home to a bug free bed at the end of it is always good

14. blargg

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 18:15:01
    #

Login to Send PM

I have the utmost respect for you, bb undertaker.

Purposely sleep in an infested bed?... yikes, I'd rather marry a vegan.

15. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 9 2011 18:57:34
    #

Login to Send PM

I met a lovely vegan once, but marry, I would rather work for a multi national pest control mega Corp.

It's a tough interview to be a hoster and not all deal well with the test bites that have to be done.

I am sure Sparks will be as valuable on the forum as she is for us and our clients. Although with celebrity or is that notoriety a NY tour might be on the cards.

David

16. theyareoutthere

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 18:16:32
    #

Login to Send PM

Some of my questions were answered by reading this link. Thanks.

They
    Are
    Out
    There
    = TAOT
  17. Sleepingwithvampbugs

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2011 20:14:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome bedbugundertaker your amazing to be able to be a "host" your very brave! Just a random thought that came to mind right now as I'm watching this show.... wow I'd like to see that guy from dirty jobs try out your job! bet he would freak the freak out! and call it quits as soon as night fell. I appreciate all pcos and hard honest people in this line of work who help us fight and exterminate these pests from our homes continue doing what you do for with out you trained professionals some of us would not have safe homes and a piece of mind to soundly sleep in. welcome looking forward to your posts and responses

18. ICAN

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Sat Oct 1 2011 21:44:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Bedbug_Undertaker - 3 weeks ago  » 
    yes cilecto I am a bite respondent however, once I have finished hosting my bites disappear within 4 or 5 days.
    I work without freaking because I find sleeping with them teaches me a lot about their living habits and also gives me the heads up on which areas I will need to focus on for the post treatment deep clean and bed bug undertaking at the end of the job.
    Also I have the pleasure of knowing that in order to bite me the bugs have walked over the chemical and they will die because they bit me

Hi Sparks!

That's how I got rid of my bed bugs last year. I heeded the advice of David Cain, the bed bug pied piper. He's been observing and experimenting with them for a long time. He knows what works to make them disappear and what does not work.

I read what he has to say here and on his web site, and will be getting his book to read soon, about not throwing your bed, furniture and clothes away; not scattering bed bugs all over the house with bug sprays; not trapping or encasing them; not using useless barriers to keep them away (they will find a way to feed, even in the daytime---it's a life or death situation for them).

You, also, like the pied piper of Hamelin, lead the bed bugs to their death. You are a hero to many suffering people. I'm sure they don't mind paying the piper!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,399 posts in 50,188 topics over 156 months by 21,933 of 22,434 members. Latest: Kimmmie46, esedndwi, Help123