Please someone help with identification! :(

(5 posts)
  1. Pleasehelp911

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 22 2018 11:31:26
    #

Login to Send PM

I moved in with my sister a year ago and have never seen any signs of bed bugs, not that I was checking too deeply, but I am a very tidy person so I often do light inspections. A few days ago, walking past the living room, I noticed something on top of the sofa. On closer inspection, my fears grew as I began to suspect that that thing was in fact a headless, legless bed bug. I have not been able to sleep well these past few nights in fear of those creatures. Please anyone here tell me if you feel you can confirm my suspicion, or if you can tell me what it actually is. I’ve already ordered hundreds of dollars worth of products to begin the war i’ve been dreading. Imgur

2. Pleasehelp911

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Tue May 22 2018 17:42:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Anyone?

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 23 2018 7:18:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Pleasehelp911 - 19 hours ago  » 
    I moved in with my sister a year ago and have never seen any signs of bed bugs, not that I was checking too deeply, but I am a very tidy person so I often do light inspections. A few days ago, walking past the living room, I noticed something on top of the sofa. On closer inspection, my fears grew as I began to suspect that that thing was in fact a headless, legless bed bug. I have not been able to sleep well these past few nights in fear of those creatures. Please anyone here tell me if you feel you can confirm my suspicion, or if you can tell me what it actually is. I’ve already ordered hundreds of dollars worth of products to begin the war i’ve been dreading.

No, not a bed bug.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Pleasehelp911

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 23 2018 7:20:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for answering. Do you have any ideas lf what it may be?

5. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Wed May 23 2018 12:38:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Pleasehelp911 - 5 hours ago  » 
    Thank you so much for answering. Do you have any ideas lf what it may be?

Unfortunately, no. It's an abdomen of an insect, maybe beetle or true bug.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,455 posts in 48,828 topics over 151 months by 21,440 of 21,843 members. Latest: Beardface, BugBrosHauntingMe, brokengarage