Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » How bed bugs are changing the world

Please sign the change.org petition

(9 posts)
  1. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 12:25:36
    #

Login to Send PM

If you feel comfortable share on social media, too. This cause desperately needs to be talked about and changed!

Here's a link to the petition https://www.change.org/p/gina-mccarthy-stop-the-epa-from-blocking-bed-bug-sufferers-from-using-pesticides-that-work?recruiter=620691791&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

2. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 12:27:24
    #

Login to Send PM

No bugs, How do I embed the change.org petition?

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 12:56:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Sorry for so many reasons this approach is not going to work. What's more it will never work because even if you could introduce new insecticides they stop working within 12 months as illustrated with neonicitinoids.

You solve bed bugs with education and understanding and support to ensure that it is resolved as a society and at all levels of the society.

As such I can support your effort but not how you are trying to do this. I have been solving cases since 2012 without chemicals and on average in under 14 days. It's not an easy issue to resolve but thinking the EPA are the bad guys is not the solution.

David

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 13:39:43
    #

Login to Send PM

Where's my David Cain to use in the US?

I'm so worried for my children's future. I have called 5 pest control people. They only use pesticides, all of them. I would love to be you, but I don't know how to use a steam machine like you or keep the bugs from going all around my house. I don't know what to do. Because of your expertise you have no idea.... This could wreck all our lives, my kids don't deserve that.

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 14:15:02
    #

Login to Send PM

I didn't know a damn thing four years ago. Thanks to the folks at this site like David and Paul and KQ and Lou and NoBugs I learned, and practiced, and practiced.

Steamers aren't all that hard to figure out, just move slowly.
    Waiting for someone else to fix a problem isn't a position I prefer.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 14:32:44
    #

Login to Send PM

barelyliving - 40 minutes ago  » 
    Where's my David Cain to use in the US?
    I'm so worried for my children's future. I have called 5 pest control people. They only use pesticides, all of them. I would love to be you, but I don't know how to use a steam machine like you or keep the bugs from going all around my house. I don't know what to do. Because of your expertise you have no idea.... This could wreck all our lives, my kids don't deserve that.

Many int he Us know who I am, there are 8,500 pest professionals in one group I help manage but without consumers ask for a better service they are just going to be offered the same old, same old with a different flavor from time to time. I can only suggest that you ask them if they can dot he same as we do or if they are willing to learn what we do, after all it costs a lot less than setting up for fumigation or thermal.

However, to start helping you today takes a better understanding of the extent of your problem. If its minor and you have the motivation to work to the attention to detail needed I have written protocols which are available online. The smaller the issue the more likely that is to be successful.

Respectfully you children don't deserve to be exposed to the anxiety cycle. Children learn through example and are only born with one fear, that of fire, all others are learned and can be unlearned. The fact that you show worry for them shows you want to do your best for them, that will always come in the form of informed decisions and dealing with the facts first and foremost.

If you think of people like me being like paramedics, we practice at being functional in high stress situations because dealing with people and bed bugs is rarely not stressful for people because they are natural triggers. But that in itself is something you can control through understanding.

Tell yourself, thousands of others have been through this before you and come out the other side. Most of them did that by focusing on learning what to do rather than rapidly jumping from pillar to post and one concept to the next.

Hope that helps.

David

7. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 14:41:11
    #

Login to Send PM

A liquid pesticide application is just one tool for bedbugs. And oftentimes, you don't need that much. Too much bug spray can exacerbate a bedbug issue.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  8. Livingagain

Posted 2 years ago
    Mon Oct 31 2016 16:54:01
    #

Login to Send PM

What you guys are saying sounds great, but basically I'll be betting my family's future on a guess about someone learning a technology that they are unfamiliar with and don't have experience with.

And I have a steamer, but it sputters and doesn't seem to get as hot as promised. And even best case doesn't penetrate couches, etc. Also, it counteracts the only thing that research shows is effective... silica gel.
    Meanwhile I have to figure out how to keep 3 kids from spreading this at school and I probably need to tell them that they can't hang out with friends until we get this figured out.... who knows when that will be. Then I have to keep employment to try to keep this all paid for. I'll try not to show fear or panic, but this is an existential threat to our family, and our home. I have no idea where a competent PCO is. I can demand it all I like, but talking on the phone to someone, I have no idea what that person's character is. Most of them are very confident based on just pesticide, which doesn't jive with the research I've read.

Come live with my family and I'll be as confident as you, until then, it's a disaster and the very worst thing that could ever happen to my sweet kids.

9. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Nov 1 2016 11:05:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Unless you have a very advanced or dispersed infestation the worry of kids taking it to school is not one that is a reality.

In some cases peoples responses become fueled by fear and anxiety rather than the facts of what is actually happening. There is some data in the early stages that indicates that this may actually be related to the presence of the insects themselves in the same way that a few single celled organisms have been proven to manipulate the behaviour of its host (the classic example being the toxic plasma gondii and rodents).

In your case the answer to your worries is to stop and start to understand the problem and the solutions that you have available to you. Once armed with the facts you can make that decision as to what is the best option for you.

The website is a wealth of information with the static FAQ based content on what options are available.

Thanks for the offer to come and live in your home. What may shock you is that I have stayed in bed bug infested location for long periods of time so I do know the feeling all too well. I can also assure you that if you delve into what I have written on skin reactions and bite responses you will see images where I have been bitten many thousands of times in concentrated areas and done so weekly in the name of research for years. Maybe you would like to come and feed some for me in the same spirit that you offer was made.

Yes we appreciate this can be stressful but snapping at people who understand and are wiling to help might not be the best long term sustainable solution.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

293,426 posts in 49,258 topics over 152 months by 21,589 of 22,012 members. Latest: Scaredandworried, Ddukes, acidburn