PLEASE Read this before posting!!!

(14 posts)
  1. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Thu Apr 5 2007 23:58:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Welcome to the Bedbugger Forums. This is an offshoot of the Bedbugger blog (Bedbugger.com).

Before you post a question, please do read our FAQs (frequently asked questions) carefully--over at the blog. You can reach them via the "faqs" button below (see the box with the orange bug that says "faqs"?) Don't worry if you ask a question and we send you to the FAQs at some point: there's a lot there, we know, and you may have missed something there. Odds are you're probably tired and a bit stressed out. (We definitely know that, we've been there!)

You're welcome to start a new topic and ask questions or share ideas. Please consider labeling the new topic with a title that says something about what's in the post. (Read the GREEN STICKY note at the top of the forums about TAGS).

You'll also see another box under the "tag" box that says "Pick a section", and there, you decide which forum this should post to.

Plese do NOT post private email messages others have sent you without explicit permission and attribution to the author. Similarly, do not copy the contents of other people's writing either from a paper text or from the internet, without expicit permission. Doing so violates their copyright! You MAY quote from something on the internet, as long as you make it clear you're quoting AND you link to the source.

Please do not link to websites selling a product or service. You can link to informational pages about products, but if you look like you're hawking your wares, it may be deleted at the admin's discretion. (Anyone who wants to advertise on the site can get in touch with me directly, nobugs@bedbugger.com.)

If a product or store helped you, name it and spell the name right. People can google it if they so desire.

Finally, you can send a private message to anyone by clicking the "PMthisuser" button under any post or on the left of the main page. You can click the green "private messages" button to initiate a private message or read your incoming mail. You can edit your profile (click "View Your Profile" at the top left of this screen to see it and edit it).

Finally, if you respond to a thread, but feel you're going off in another direction, consider whether you want to start a new topic for that conversation.

Oh, and don't forget to go back to the blog now and again. You can get there via the blue button (that says "blog" in orange) below. You have to register here to post, but when you register on the forums, you can comment on the blog with the same login, and vice versa (if you went and registered at the blog, log in with that username here, no need to register again).

Thanks for reading this, and welcome! It's the readers and contributors to this site that make it great, so thanks in advance for your contributions.

I hope you enjoy the forums, blog, and FAQs, and that you'll let me know what I can do to make things better.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  2. RobDrmz

newbite

Posted 12 years ago
    Sun Sep 2 2007 20:33:13
    #

Login to Send PM

I actually like the way you have BEDBUGGER set up. Especially the fonts! - Very relaxing and esy to read, good show.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Mon Sep 3 2007 14:04:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks, Rob!

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Fri Oct 12 2007 3:00:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Just a reminder: please do not link to websites selling a product or service. Please do not give out phone numbers or emails. You may name a product or service, and people can google it themselves. Thanks!

If you are selling a product or service, you can click one of the links labeled "advertise on this site!" If you cannot find them, click "PM this user" under this message, and ask me how.

5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 12 years ago
    Sat Nov 3 2007 0:41:18
    #

Login to Send PM

Updated 11/2. Please re-read above post!

6. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Feb 6 2008 10:09:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I am new to the forum. If I have questions about dog detection, should I post my message in the section that already exists on this topic?

Thanks,
    Anna

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Thu Feb 7 2008 0:24:59
    #

Login to Send PM

You can do two things, Anna:

1/ Read old topics about dogs, if you can find them (search box for forums may help). If your question is related to the threads you see, feel free to ask within the thread. It will be revived and brought to the "top" as an active topic even if it is old.

2/ Start a new topic. This is always ok, though you may get more good ideas from reading old threads in addition, and it doesn't hurt to add to ones that are related.

Thanks for asking and welcome!

8. abunting

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Mar 1 2008 21:52:32
    #

Login to Send PM

I live in Texas in a single dwelling new construction home 4500sq feet. We brought bedbugs back from Virginia that went undetected (how I will never know) for months. We had a huge infestation. We have had the house exterminated 4 times; - holes in the bedroom walls to try and stop the problem - carpet pulled up and subfloor treated. Furniture gone. We are now two months into this. I am trying to understand how to methodically continue working on this process. Our beds are up with the posts in mineral oil and we have not been bitten in a month. I continue my daily vaccuming and and continue to be discouraged at finding these younger bugs in all locations of the house. We use DE, Bedlam and have had the house exterminated 4 times as I have said. I find approximately 2-3 very small ones every day in the craziest locations. No adults have been found in two weeks. So - my question is- do I steam clean, steam clean the the carpet in the 4 bedrooms and have the exterminator come every two weeks? And if so, how long do I continue this if we are not being bitten but have these babies appear? I am trying to understand how long they can continue to reproduce without bitting as I must believe I will have eggs hatching until then. I have never had anything test my mental well-being as this has. We have not allowed any guests in our house - kids etc - for fear they will take with them. At what point can we have people back in?

Thanks
    Anne

9. BBparanoid

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Sat Mar 1 2008 22:14:05
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi Anne..I don't know the answer to your question because I am new to this site and I want to be helpful as well as find out Information myself. I think you will get a much better response , if you will go to the top of this page and click on bedbugger forums, then where you see topics in the green box click on new and start a "thread" with your topic..put a short specific title for it.I hope this works for ya..

10. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon Mar 3 2008 0:50:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Anna,
    You can click here to start a new topic, and copy and paste your message above there:
    http://bedbugger.com/forum/?new=1

11. buggy

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Mar 5 2008 19:03:46
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site! I don't have BBs--but feel neurotic in my extreme paranoia. I live just outside Cincinnati so I might be justified. I'm going to read everything here to educate myself--and possibly become a recluse.

Unfortunately, I also work in Cincy, including 45 minutes a day in a high-rise that has BBs. It's all I can do not to run screaming from the building. Is it the hype or my own phobia or some of both?

12. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 11 years ago
    Fri Mar 7 2008 22:14:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi buggy,
    Some of both. You may be exposed at some point, especially working in a building with bed bugs. But you should not panic. Do you have reason to think the rooms you work in are infested?
    Also, see my response to Anna right before your post--copying and pasting your question into a new topic would get you more responses.

13. Chatina

newbite

Posted 11 years ago
    Mon May 19 2008 5:48:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey...is there a search area on here that I'm just missing?

14. (deleted)

Unregistered

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue May 20 2008 9:52:35
    #

Login to Send PM

The search box is at the bottom of the main forum page, scroll all the way down.

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

296,818 posts in 50,044 topics over 155 months by 21,876 of 22,362 members. Latest: jnnafnlys01, simo7, Datnguyen