Please read and help

(4 posts)
  1. JRA79

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Jun 7 2012 12:34:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello everyone,
    Thank you all for being so supportive and kind during the past 2 weeks. We had our first treatment a week ago and I am almost finished pack-titing all of the things from the affected room. Suddenly last night and today I have become super-stressed and even paranoid that the bedbugs are everywhere in my apartment. I have been ripping apart couches and beds in rooms where the dog didn't alert, looking frantically for signs. Every black speck becomes my enemy. (I have some bed bug blue supposed to arrive today).

We had what seemed to be a small infestation in one room, the PCO said he didn't see any bugs alive or dead in my son's room or anywhere else, though we did see droppings and a cast shell (in my son's room) before he started the treatment.

I don't know why I have suddenly become such a mess. I have had such a brave face for the past week, but I think I've lost it. I am afraid we'll be in a state of bed bug treatment forever.

I have to pack bags for 2 kids to go to sleepaway camp by the middle of next week. I have kept all of their things far from the affected site (things going to camp were never in that room, in fact), I had the dog sniff that room (a powder room far from the affected room) and he didn't alert. I asked the PCO if I should pack-tite that stuff and he said no need, it was so far away and it was in a bathroom. But i'm still scared....and I am so stressed out suddenly. My friends and family are very supportive, I've spoken to other people in the city who have had outbreaks, and as of now, nothing helps.

Any words of wisdom from anyone? I am just so scared we will be living with this forever and I don't know how to fix myself.

JRA

2. brooklyn_bites

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 9:43:10
    #

Login to Send PM

You will not be living with this problem forever. It gets better. If, for some reason, it is incurable at your current home, then you will move to a new home. There are options. As far as your kid's belongings, if your PCO says not to worry about it, I wouldn't. But if it would make you feel better to Packtite their stuff, then I say go for it. Every day I've been dealing with a possible mite issue, I say to myself, "What can I do RIGHT NOW that will make me feel better?" Sometimes it is taking myself to the beach or out to a movie, sometimes it is spraying down the hallway with alcohol. As long as you are not harming your health, your kid's health, or possibly exacerbating the problem, I say do whatever makes you feel safe(r).

3. CNJMatt

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 12:19:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi JRA79,

I know EXACTLY how you feel. I just discovered two weeks ago that I had bed bugs although nothing was ever physically confirmed. I awoke with a series of very bad bites and I contacted a PCO who brought a dog and the dog indicated I had "signs" of bed bugs. I had heat and chemical treatment and so far no signs of bugs. I am extremely paranoid myself but I think what we need to do is have faith that the treatments work unless we see signs otherwise.

I know how you feel. I was very emotional and still get depressed because I am a worry wort as usual anyway. I agree with Brooklyn...It WILL end and things will get better. It just may take time.

Have faith

Matt

4. JRA79

Posted 7 years ago
    Fri Jun 8 2012 13:29:50
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to both of you. I am much better today...I think (hope) it was just a momentary freak-out. i spoke to someone at the pest control company who explained how the cryonite and chemicals work, and I do feel better for the moment. I have my second of 3 treatments a week from today and I'm trying to keep it together until then.

Thanks all.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,826 posts in 49,816 topics over 154 months by 21,804 of 22,271 members. Latest: wish2bbbfree, pedwards, Mawa316