Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

Please Please HELPThermal Treatment ?????

(8 posts)
  1. cootiequeen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 10:22:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello all, I am dealing with a BB infestation that the LL and other tenants in my building dont seem to mind. I am moving out in 5 weeks and I am seriously considering thermal treatment, I dont know much about it and was hoping for some feedback/suggestions? questions I should ask? Also when I called to ask about the treatment they said I could keep all my clothing in plastic bags? I should mention my items would be treated on the moving truck and then moved directly into the new place. Any advice is very much appreciated!

2. bugsinbrooklyn13

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 11:29:35
    #

Login to Send PM

Where are you located? I've read a lot about thermals going wrong, bugs finding cooler spots. I feel like I'm the vikane queen, but I had such a great experience so far (a week out, too early, but a three month guarantee) that I'm all about it.

3. batbugger

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 11:57:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I wouldn't leave anything in bags or boxes where temperatures might stay below the kill zone.

4. cootiequeen

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 13:39:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for the reply! Im not sure if anyone in my area offers Vikane service. Im located in RI. Im a little leery of the thermal treatment but the PCO that was supposed to treat my building suggested doing it as it seems to be the only option at this choice. There is a 100% guarantee and if they dont elminate them the first time they come back to treat until they are gone at no additional cost. Not sure how to proceed. ????

5. batbugger

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 13:44:42
    #

Login to Send PM

When you say 100% guarantee is it only for 30 or 60 days. I am asking because you say they will come back and treat them until they are gone. I just had heat treatment for batbugs and I am still getting bites, problem is they have to find a live bug! Make sure to ask them if they need a live bug to retreat because it can be very difficult to find them if only a few survived.

6. bugsinbrooklyn13

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 14:51:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Guarantee is good - just check how much of a guarantee!

7. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 7 years ago
    Thu Aug 2 2012 16:06:08
    #

Login to Send PM

Ask if the company has an Insect Inferno. This is a particular brand of heated truck/trailer which has been tested and said to work very well. If you can find a firm with one in your area, that would probably be a great choice.

There may also be Vikane providers-- you can call Bed Bugs and Beyond to see if they have anyone locally.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  8. BC BEDBUG EXPERT

newbite

Posted 7 years ago
    Mon Aug 6 2012 16:01:54
    #

Login to Send PM

If using the heat treatment I would recommend putting clothing in laundry baskets the ones with a lot of holes loosely packed and/or hanging so there is good airflow between the items.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus