Please not again

(7 posts)
  1. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 27 2018 21:59:08
    #

Login to Send PM

I was unfortunately here in octobertto November time frame. I was confirmed bedbugs got cleared after two treatments wasn't happy. It is what it is though. I started weekly checks. Which didn't only include m
    Our bed. On to the point I found cast skins in different stages one corner of the carpet area under it. I'm trying to convince myself it is old.

I think I've looked there and vacuumed under there but I'm not real sure. My not real sure isagain effort to hope that it's old. I checked every room and didn't find skins.
    My mattress is still encased and NOTHINGS been unpacked since being cleared. I vacuumed my desk and use a kitchen chair as a desk chair. I found no love bugs. I have no curtains or rods in my whole house still. They could potentially hide in my desk cracks or outlets but would hope if outlets the chemical dust in there would kill it. I'm freaking out... There is plenty of places to hide in the spare room no bed just computer desk coat closet etc

Husband is in denial again I don't want to revisit this hell again. I do have one bite ony arm or I think it is, it's small. I vacuumed the whole house lifted carpet washed bedding and sheets. Can someone remind me how to post pictures. I'll post them in a reply thank you.

2. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Jan 27 2018 22:18:31
    #

Login to Send PM

3. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jan 28 2018 1:47:25
    #

Login to Send PM

I had a similar problem.
    I found a shed skin after I started counting "days since signs".
    It was on a box under my couch and I'm pretty sure I check there but I wasn't confident I missed seeing it so I reset my counter.
    Unfortunately old bites can resurface.
    My bed is isolated and protected (but I inspect it weekly anyways) and my couch is black.
    I'm looking for live bugs or shed skins.
    I'm doubtful of myself being able to detect a small infestation.
    Try not to worry.

I am NOT an expert.
    My opinions are just opinions, they may NOT apply to yours or any situation.
    My advice is to always do a LOT of research.
    A lot of what I read contradicts other stuff on the Interweb.
  4. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sun Jan 28 2018 7:45:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. In trying not to but it's hard. I doubt myself in finding a small infestation too. I will be calling my landlord Monday morning to send the PCO out. Just to be safe I'd rather not wait.

I still haven't bought new furniture and we were just talking about finally buying a couch... I'm scarred for life.

5. thirdusername

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 30 2018 13:32:39
    #

Login to Send PM

I hope you get a good PCO.

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Tue Jan 30 2018 14:07:58
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing in that photo makes me think bed bugs.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  7. Hbreen

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Sat Feb 3 2018 1:37:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you. I had the PCO out again. He didn't look at all except shine a flash light on my living room. He asked me what the sample I supplied was. Same guy who did our initial inspection before treatments when I supplied bug samples that were confirmed. I'm getting bites and still on the hunt. This is mighty frustrating and I'm glad to hear that the sample this time isn't bedbug related.

I found blood on the wall close to the carpet it looked at though maybe I ran something over with the vacuum, I'm hoping old. I have thought I've seen something crawling on bed bed a couple times turn and look and nothing. I also showed what seemed to be fecal on the wall behind the book shelf in the bedroom and he was curious as the spot and goes wipe it off it's gotta be old. Tells me to text or call with anything new I find.

I understand they are found in beds but they CAN be found elsewhere. Mentally I'm not prepared to deal with this again, however I don't think it's wise to continue to ignore it like last time and pass it off. I ordered climb ups from amazon and still waiting on my shipment. I notified my landlord again and about the PCO. Any other steps?

Last but not least does that look insect related?

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

273,645 posts in 44,807 topics over 137 months by 19,666 of 20,369 members. Latest: PeterJensen, DamselInBugDistress, Pleasehelp12