(8 posts)
  1. spicynat

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 8 2014 13:49:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello!

I installed BB detectors named Trappit from Suterra a week ago. I had a BB infestation confirmed by a PCO who found 1 adult BB in my bed frame. Since I had to wait for the owners of the building to decide how they will handle the situation I decided to do what I can to stop the infestation myself or at least try.(BBs came from neighbor having a heavy infestation, and PCO said it would be useless to treat my place alone. All infested apartments should be treated together) I steamed, vacuumed, washed all I could at hot temperature, isolated my bed and put DE...
    Now it's been more than 2 weeks I haven't been bitten.(put my bed back to its place, touching the walls, 3 days ago too) I bought the Trappit traps and installed 1 under my bed near the head part and another in my closet a week ago. Absolutely nothing in them. Does anyone know if these traps are reliable? Has anyone used them and found BBs in there?

Your advice and experiences positives or negatives would be much appreciated.

I would love to be able to relax a little about all of this.

2. spicynat

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 12 2014 2:05:29
    #

Login to Send PM

Nobody?

I just would like to feel safe at home again and have my sleep back. I'm so exhausted and have such severe insomnia that I took a doc appointment so he can prescribe me some sleeping pills. I just can't do it anymore. And as I'm suffering from epilepsy I can't afford to have that much sleep deprivation. Maybe I should try the so controversial dog detection... I'm starting to feel low. Specially because I feel Xmas is ruined. I love buying gift but now I'm so scared I could give BBs along with the gifts to my beloved ones. I'm thinking about putting them at my mom or bf's place but it still stresses me out. So I just wish I could have a way to get a confirmation that I'm bed bug free now, and if not know about it too.

3. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 12 2014 7:19:16
    #

Login to Send PM

I had to google the product. It's not one that I think I've heard pros here mention. That doesn't in itself mean it's not a good product, but give it some time and see if any pros weigh in.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 12 2014 7:20:31
    #

Login to Send PM

That said, if you had a confirmed bed bug and treatment, the problem may simply be gone.

5. spicynat

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Fri Dec 12 2014 21:58:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you Nobugsonme.
    I had a BB infestation confirmed by a PCO but my landlord wouldn't pay for it so I had to send some letters to make him take his responsibilities but as I knew the process would be long probably involving having to go to court and that PCO told me it would be useless to treat only my apartment as they were 6 apartments infested in the building including 1 with an extremely severe infestation, so BB will come back. So in the meantime I treated my place with vacuum + steam + DE + caulking + washing bed linens at hot temp + putting my clothes in bags with aerosol pesticide and then washing them and then bagging everything that was cleaned. Note that my infestation was detected at very early stage. PCO found 1 BB in my bedframe and 1 fecal spot at the same location.(However I had more than 50 bites in just 3-4 days) But, he didn't check in any of my furniture. He just checked the bed.( I myself checked furniture around bed in, out and under it and found no signs of BBs)
    About 2-3 weeks after the detection was confirmed I saw a nymph on my mattress (filled with my blood) . I killed it immediately. Since then no BBs seen nor bites. This was about 3 weeks ago.
    But I still don't feel safe and can barely sleep.(it's 3:55 am here at this moment) Which is why I wanted to know the reliability of these traps so badly.
    I truly hope I will get some feedbacks.

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Dec 15 2014 12:01:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Its a UK product.

I personally don't rate it based on the tank trials we have conducted or the field data where we have found them in hotels.

The key issues being:

• It's glue based and they tend not to be effective as the tape test video shows
    • It's designed to be installed int he wrong places

They are increasingly common in the UK but they are certainly far from being "recommended" by anyone who is worth listening to.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  7. spicynat

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2014 1:37:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi David!

Thank you so much for your answer. Your professional experience about it is much appreciated. I still have a few questions though. Do you know if the pheromone used in these traps does actually attract the BBs? When you say wrong places do you mean that me putting 2 traps at my bed feet(1 head end one on the other end of the bed) , 1 in my closet, 1 behind my desk and 1 in the drawer of my nightstand are considered as being misplaced?

Thanks again for your pro advice!

Have a nice day!

8. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Tue Dec 16 2014 5:26:22
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I have not noticed any advantage in the straps with lures over the ones without, the performance is sub standard in both configurations. In fact this product has been kicking around for a lot longer than it initially appears as they tried to use one of my clients as a trial site in 2010.

Its a shame when people put under-performing things on the market as all it does is erode consumer confidence.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,225 posts in 50,141 topics over 155 months by 21,920 of 22,416 members. Latest: Bery10, plsnopls, Ldrago