(5 posts)
  1. wredberg80

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 15 2011 13:39:26
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello-

Stayed in a hotel 2 nights ago and found these bugs in my pillowcase and one under the sheets on the mattress pad (i didn't look any further) and my five year old son slapped them both on the sheets and they immediately popped and blood came out (gross). They were very easy to squish and pop open. I immediately brought them to the front desk and told them of the situation. She barely would look at them and kept insisting they were ticks. Personally I am creeped out either way, ticks or bed bugs. I got bit by something in the middle of the night. I scratched at it on my leg and immediately thought, "that felt weird, not a typical mosquito bite." But I never actually saw anything. I have a bug bite on my leg, it's a little red and swollen but seems to be healing fairly well.

Anyhoo, I have my bags outside my house right now and am scared to bring them inside in case it is bed bugs. I've looked online and they look like bed bugs to me but I'm no expert, plus the woman working the front desk kept insisting there was no way they were bed bugs and they were definitely ticks.

Can anyone tell what these are from the photos? I don't have a car so I can't take them in to an exterminator yet and it's driving me crazy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66386524@N05/6046782032/in/photostream

Thanks!

2. wredberg80

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 15 2011 13:42:10
    #

Login to Send PM

if you can't tell from the photos, they have ridges on their backs...kind of like a roly poly I guess. I can't tell for sure but it looks like they have 6 legs.

3. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 15 2011 13:45:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry they look like BB remains. Wait for confirmation from a real expert but assume you have been exposed.

100% not a tick but likely a BB.

Jim

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 15 2011 14:00:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Yes sorry they are bedbugs.

Have a look at the FAQ's for options on decontaminating your luggage and have a look at the information on how to screen a hotel room for bedbugs so that you avoid contact in future.

I would also suggest checking online to see if the hotel has been reported for bedbug issues before and then write a stinking letter to the manager about their staff's lack of awareness and procedures in dealing with the problem. To be frank with so much media attention of the problem and the level that hotels are experiencing this is woefully unacceptable for hotel staff to not be able to confirm a sample.

Sorry you have been through this.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. wredberg80

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Aug 15 2011 14:07:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Great. I knew they were bed bugs. I just called the Best Western corporate and complained since the woman wouldn't let me speak with the manager.

Sorry for being a drama queen and I am not one to get freaked out by bugs, but this is really creeping me out for some reason. The thought of them crawling all over me and my son and sucking our blood is a bit traumatizing.

Guess it's time to sterilize our clothes and luggage. Thank god I didn't leave them in the house and start unpacking.

Thanks for viewing.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,307 posts in 50,168 topics over 155 months by 21,929 of 22,426 members. Latest: MaryPoppinsYall, nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo