(11 posts)
  1. Goody7

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 13:14:00
    #

Login to Send PM

https://www.flickr.com/photos/158821354@N05/shares/a725kn

Family of 5 seeking amsweres!!! All of us are being Bitten but mainly just 2 are showing reactions! I found these little bugs in my bathroom behind the towel hanger.

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 13:35:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug. Not even close.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  3. Goody7

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 14:36:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for your reply! My family is being bitten 15-20 times per week. It's getting ridicules and has been going on for about 2 1/2 months. I've searched high and low for any sign of bugs. Any idea what it could be or what to do? I layed down DE powder and nothing. My kids stayed at my parents for a week and the bug bites were healing/healed and no new bites. The night we came back home my son had about 15 bites! Please help!!

4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 14:39:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Goody7 - 1 hour ago  » 
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/158821354@N05/shares/a725kn
    Family of 5 seeking amsweres!!! All of us are being Bitten but mainly just 2 are showing reactions! I found these little bugs in my bathroom behind the towel hanger.

The head sclerites look a little strange, but the thoracic ones look more like a cockroach.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Goody7

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 16:02:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Is it possible to have bed bugs but with no signs? The bites have been going on since october/November. I've looked over beds, frames, floor, walls, ceilings....no blood, fecal matter, no shed skins...ect.

6. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 8 months ago
    Wed Jan 31 2018 23:58:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Consider having a professional inspection. Consider also whether your family could be being exposed somewhere outside the home.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  7. F. Pazos

Posted 8 months ago
    Thu Feb 1 2018 0:06:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Goody7 - 7 hours ago  » 
    Is it possible to have bed bugs but with no signs? The bites have been going on since october/November. I've looked over beds, frames, floor, walls, ceilings....no blood, fecal matter, no shed skins...ect.

in the time frame that you said it is very close to impossible to have an ongoing infestation with no signs at all... Note that I said close to impossible, depending on where you live and the weather, there is a possibility of very low activity and that an infestation that has been happening for 3 or 4 months shows signs of very less time, but signs will always be there (although less and maybe hidden to sight)
    Funny that I just came back from an inspection in a very similar situation as the one you describ .
    Get a pro to inspect, this is probably the only way for you right now to get a final answer.

Professional PCO based in Hong Kong specialized in Bed Bugs.
  8. Goody7

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Thu Feb 1 2018 2:06:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your advise! I've had 2 inspections. 1 said yes and 1 said no. The one who said yes is because he saw "fecal stains" and turns out it was burn marks (actual holes in fabric) from our dryer. My kids are being Bitten pretty bad. They roughly get 10-15 every week. (That's per kid. I have 3) I'm so beyond fed up. Ive cleaned, fogged twice, sprayed the place with bleach, vinager, vacummed, washed everything, uses DE powder.......nothing helping. I have found a total of 3 earwigs though. The bites on my kids stopped when they stayed at their grandparents! Anyone have advice on Mites? We've had issues with mice in this place and have seem rat poop. Thanks in advance for any info or ideas! This momma is on a tight budget and I'm so so fed up! My kids are always itching themselves so bad they bleed!

9. Goody7

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Thu Feb 1 2018 12:41:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you for your advice! I've had 2 inspections. 1 said yes and 1 said no. The one who said yes is because he saw "fecal stains" and turns out it was burn marks (actual holes in fabric) from our dryer. My kids are being Bitten pretty bad. They roughly get 10-15 every week. (That's per kid. I have 3) I'm so beyond fed up. Ive cleaned, fogged twice, sprayed the place with bleach, vinager, vacummed, washed everything, uses DE powder.......nothing helping. I have found a total of 3 earwigs though. The bites on my kids stopped when they stayed at their grandparents! Anyone have advice on Mites? We've had issues with mice in this place and have seem rat poop. Thanks in advance for any info or ideas! This momma is on a tight budget and I'm so so fed up! My kids are always itching themselves so bad they bleed!

10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 8 months ago
    Thu Feb 1 2018 13:18:25
    #

Login to Send PM

You should leave glue boards out to capture crawling things. You can use lint remover tape on a handle and roll and you can collect from surfaces this way; peel off squares and these can be examined for ID. Try bed and walls where child sleeps. Near window? Rodent mites will get captured in glue boards and also bird mites.

11. Steph429

newbite

Posted 8 months ago
    Thu Feb 1 2018 16:01:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Back story - I recently moved to Florida in May and lived with a girl I went to college with. She had a spare room in her apartment so I moved in. Due to spending and getting adjusted, I had my mattress on the carpet floor from May until January (2 weeks ago). I went away for the holidays to NJ and was gone for almost two weeks. Our air conditioner was turned off and it was quite cold in the apartment when I got back. I came home on January 1st, went for a run on the 2nd, then woke up with bites on my left arm and neck on January 3rd.

I first thought that I had an allergic reaction to something or I was breaking out due to sweating from the day before. Ever since then, I have been waking up or developing bites on my body throughout the day. My roommate has had zero bites and no signs. She also has a dog that is on flea medication and has no signs as well. I was starting to think it was bed bugs but I have checked my mattress left and right, and couldn't find anything.

I went to the local clinic and a dermatologist, and they both said it is indeed bug bites. I called my apartments maintenance and they had pest control come into my bedroom. They checked the mattress, carpet, walls, you name it...They couldn't find anything. Yesterday I found a tiny (pinhead like) red bug in my bed yesterday and I crushed it and it smeared red. I found today and put it in a plastic baggy incase I need to call pest control again.

What could this bug be? I am so paranoid and getting bitten all over. I wore a long sleeve shirt and pants to bed last night and have a few bites on my back and face currently. The bites on my left arm and neck are slowly going away. Need advice!!

http://tinypic.com/r/2ry3vix/9

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

280,509 posts in 46,594 topics over 142 months by 20,551 of 21,418 members. Latest: Nicky, pestbreaker, TRAY