Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Please ID: Spider? [a: male spider, possibly Steatoda]

(4 posts)
  1. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 9:40:44
    #

Login to Send PM

I just fished this out from under the bed. It was running pretty fast. I think it's a spider, but would like to confirm. I also now have a tiny bite on my knuckle... could this be the cause? Thank you.

https://imgur.com/a/XOT5O

2. psychologically_messed_up

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 10:22:53
    #

Login to Send PM

100% spider. The cephalothorax and abdomen are quite distinguishable, as are the legs. BB's are only a body with head, and tiny little things.

"When you hear hoofbeats, think horses not zebras" Theodore Woodward

I am, by no means, a pro. I'm simply a person that has had unfortunate luck, and somehow acquired the little guys.
    Any/all 'advice' I have to share is based on my own personal history and/or things I've read from the professionals on this site.
    My profession is medical, which is where I am confident in any advice I give, however rare it may be.
  3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 16:28:27
    #

Login to Send PM

ithoughtlicewerebad - 6 hours ago  » 
    I just fished this out from under the bed. It was running pretty fast. I think it's a spider, but would like to confirm. I also now have a tiny bite on my knuckle... could this be the cause? Thank you.
    https://imgur.com/a/XOT5O

Not clear enough pictures to tell you which spider, although it does look like a male and could be a species of Steatoda. Any skin lesion you have is not from this arthropod.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. ithoughtlicewerebad

Posted 2 years ago
    Tue Sep 5 2017 16:37:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks to you both!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,692 posts in 50,016 topics over 155 months by 21,870 of 22,352 members. Latest: paintersmelbourne, Mercy Me, mrdinosaur