Please Id possible fecal? [a: not bed bug related]

(4 posts)
  1. TMS07

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 10:09:03
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm dreading posting this but I can't stop thinking about this stain. I washed it twice and it won't come out. It didn't smear really. The night before I definitely went to bed with my mascara on (had a few drinks and basically passed out.) I've been freaking out over stains for 6 months and they usually are confirmed by experts as nothing related. But this one has me scared because it won't wash out. After 6 months of no bites, no confirming evidence (cast skins, live sample, confirmed fecal) wouldn't I be seeing more mounting evidence by now? I even tore the carpet up in the bedrooms and there's nothing there. After spending a thousand dollars in safeguarding my home against something I've never even seen.. I've decided to start seeing a therapist for the phobia. His first instruction is for me to stay off this site... I just don't want to miss a sign if it's there though :(

Stain

Stain

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 11:23:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

The spacing and density of the colour excludes this from being bedbug related.

The pattern also indicates something that either soaked through 2 folds (to create 3 spots) or something that touched three times from largest through to smallest.

I would not bother testing with bed bug blue on this occasion.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  3. TMS07

newbite

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 11:46:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you , David! If this is the only compelling thing I've been able to notice over 6 months, would you suggest that I leave this be? My therapist will more than likely suggest I purchase dark sheets. (I've been diagnosed with OCD/phobic disorder bed bug specific) .. Also may as well add that I've never been exposed to bed bugs or experienced them- just have succumbed to media frenzy and am on high alert. My desire to learn more about them with the intent to safe guard my family actually turned into an unhealthy obsession/fear.

This site has been a big source or relief and fear for me.. But I believe I'll be locking it from my computer soon. Hopefully will never have to use it... But I will hope and pray for all sufferers here!

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 years ago
    Wed Oct 22 2014 12:55:44
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

I would frankly suggest you adopt a once a week monitor inspection policy for the first 2 or 3 weeks and then drop back to monthly.

When people build their program on visual only inspections you can at times get stuck into a rut of all the smallest and slightest things make you think its going to be bedbugs. You eventually get tot he stage where you buy decent macro lenses so the experts don't complain about your image quality on the smallest of non bedbug related artifacts from the bed.

For some people too much information and access to information can be a bad thing but the first stage of resolving that is acknowledging it as you have done.

Its a shame that we have to endure a world where media is fueled by hype and fear but its so often the only way that politicians know to keep us from paying attention to some of the naughty things they get up to.

Hope that makes sense and helps.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,330 posts in 50,174 topics over 155 months by 21,930 of 22,427 members. Latest: nomorecreepycrawlies, buggerboo, Ctired14