Please ID mystery bugs!

(4 posts)
  1. Critterwatch

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 29 2019 9:29:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello - recent bites and a few blood spots prompted me to go on a bug hunt - I spotted these and have been told they're not bed bugs - the small single bug seems to have the correct body for a bed bug though.

Please let me know your thoughts on what they could be!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183871632@N07/shares/rMc3X6

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 29 2019 9:40:00
    #

Login to Send PM

I don't see anything bed bug related. While you might consider the body shape similar the antennae are not.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 29 2019 10:07:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Critterwatch - 37 minutes ago  » 
    Hello - recent bites and a few blood spots prompted me to go on a bug hunt - I spotted these and have been told they're not bed bugs - the small single bug seems to have the correct body for a bed bug though.
    Please let me know your thoughts on what they could be!

Too bad the image isn't higher resolution and larger picture size. Not bed bug related, but can't say for sure what they are, but here's an educated guess. The elongate one looks like a shed skin and the smaller one a pupa. The pupa had pupated within the last larval shed skin. This happens in some dermestid carpet beetle species. Other 2 pictures -- I'd say booklouse.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  4. Critterwatch

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Thu Aug 29 2019 10:37:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks both for replying quickly!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,797 posts in 49,805 topics over 154 months by 21,798 of 22,264 members. Latest: ireallydontwantbedbugs, bbinquiry_1, Smar1991