Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » General Topics

PLEASE ID!! Found something new and really worried!

(5 posts)
  1. iamscared

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Dec 31 2011 9:20:19
    #

Login to Send PM

PLEASE MOVE TO ID FORUM!

Hello,

I am doing the final part of my inspection and have already found a lot of stuff which I will post later to confirm ID. But I just found this one yellow sticky cluster thing and I am freaking out.

It was on the carpet as a bunch, and I saw that the bed frame also had 3 of these like flat and stuck on.

Photo found on carpet: http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5794/15765377.jpg

Photo from the frame: http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/362/10422905.jpg

I hope these are good quality! Please let me know asap!! :'(

Please help!

2. spideyjg

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Dec 31 2011 9:34:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Not BB related.

Jim

3. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Dec 31 2011 10:03:16
    #

Login to Send PM

Dear imscared,

For it to be an insect or pest you are looking for BODY PARTS including a head, legs, eyes, antennae, etc.

If the object you're looking at has none of these, then it's likely not an insect or pest.

For the most part, eggs will appear to have a specific and pruposeful, biologic shape to them.

As a consulting entomologist my experience has been that many people bring in or mail a variety of objects for identification that can largely be described and catagorized as debris and not an animal/insect or pest.

This ain't rocket science so the deteriminations needed at 50,000 feet can pretty much be done by anyone. Have confidence in yourself, get a magnifier and look for body parts. If there aren't ay body parts visible with a 10x lens, it pretty much ain't gonna be a bug.

I know that folks are concerned with BBs but we don't need to panic, become overly concerned or obsessed with BBs. We need to educate ourselves, become better prepared and deal with them accordingly.

Hope this helps ! paul b.

4. iamscared

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Dec 31 2011 11:32:47
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks for your kind reply Paul. I have a 2x magnifier that I m using. I just felt that it could be Pupal form of the carpet beetle. What do you think? It was sticky so raised the alarm. Funny you should say that, I am a rocket scientist (almost) and trust me I am sure being an entomologist is a lot more hard work and effort than rocker science

Thanks a lot spidey!!!!

5. P Bello

oldtimer

Posted 7 years ago
    Sat Dec 31 2011 11:55:07
    #

Login to Send PM

2x is probably not enough. get a better one if you can. Also, please avoid the hassle of worry. We're all here to help you if a problem does arise.

Sorry about my earlier licorice digressions, I'm just in a wierd mood today.

pb

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,635 posts in 50,004 topics over 154 months by 21,866 of 22,347 members. Latest: gingerstelpa, jaa5108, fightingback