1. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 3:28:03
    #

Login to Send PM

[code]http://imgur.com/a/xidKn

I'm hoping the link works..
    Hi all! I had confirmed bbs in April had two chemicals treatments with temprid sc last one in May. I have been getting some bites maybe 7-10 days or so apart and haven't found any fecal also I had a rat caught and have been trying to rule out mites. I've had a few non bed bugs id'd on here (drug store beetles; thank you so so much mr Loubugs)!
    I have been using lint roller tape on walls and floors and furniture to try to catch any mites or bbs. I found these on my glue traps and I know some are spiders but the tiny reddish bug is a little suspect to me!! Can someone please id ?! Thank you so much! This site is so helpful!!

2. KillerQueen

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 6:15:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Don't see anything bed bug related. Book lice and spider is what I see

3. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 9:43:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Thanks so much for your help! Those were found behind my couch and bed.. Are book lice as bad as other lice? Can I get rid of them or will they go on my hair ?

4. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 9:48:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Excuse my ignorance lol

5. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 10:10:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Not the same concerns as head lice or pubic lice. From what I've learned on the boards they are an indicator of moisture issues and are not a threat to you personally.

But just to be on the safe side I would refrain from storing books on your head.

6. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 10:15:36
    #

Login to Send PM

There goes my learning through osmosis technique lol!!
    That makes sense I have been going a bit steam crazy and having water damage issues.
    Thank you

7. FormerlyBuggy

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 11:31:23
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 hour ago  » 
    But just to be on the safe side I would refrain from storing books on your head.

Hilarious!!! So many of your posts crack me up, BD I think a little humor goes a long way in helping people stay sane.

Melanie

I am NOT an expert - just a grateful bed bug survivor willing to share my experience, strength, and hope with others.
  8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 11:51:25
    #

Login to Send PM

Are book lice as bad as other lice? Can I get rid of them or will they go on my hair ?
    As has been noted earlier, book lice are not parasitic lice, so no medical issue. If you place books on your head, the major issue would be from them falling down onto your feet. Moisture is problem and will support large numbers of booklice and plaster beetles because of the molds and fungi that are able to develop and are a major food source for those insects.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  9. Nohomom

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Wed Aug 26 2015 13:07:49
    #

Login to Send PM

I'll refrain from putting books on my head lol moisture is the problem aha!
    I suppose that's probably why I have those beetles in my bathroom too are there products that can help this or do I have to get a dehumidifier ? Thanks for your help everyone!! There have been so many problems at this apt I just wanna leave!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,975 posts in 49,594 topics over 153 months by 21,728 of 22,175 members. Latest: Scaredofbugzzzz, AVersicolor26626, nadialula