(2 posts)

Tags:

1. Please_No_32

newbite

Posted 1 year ago
    Fri Oct 12 2018 10:14:58
    #

Login to Send PM

I noticed this guy when checking out of a hotel. Near the head of the bed, on the mattress. It was not moving. Dingy hotel but no other evidence on the sheets. There was a blood stain near the foot of the sheets, but I think it was a permanent stain on the sheets (yuk).

This guy was not moving. It was smaller and rounder (ie not flat) than other bed bugs I have encountered and it was shiny. That is my index finger in the picture which is about the same size as a penny.

https://imgur.com/a/E1Fw3XN

Pics here (same as above)

I’m trying to decide how crazy I need to be on the decontamination/throw everything away plan when I get home. Overall I was very careful about keeping stuff in the bathtub/bathroom.

Hopefully this is clear enough.

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 year ago
    Sat Oct 13 2018 7:17:19
    #

Login to Send PM

Superficially looks like a bed bug, but pictures aren't clear.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

295,776 posts in 49,800 topics over 154 months by 21,797 of 22,262 members. Latest: Laura07, n4mn3p, ireallydontwantbedbugs