Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Please humor me ... bites

(6 posts)
  1. Scared88

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 3 2019 10:05:14
    #

Login to Send PM

I posted a couple weeks ago about my husband's encounter with BBs at a hotel. Since then, I've been a paranoid mess (again) praying he didn't bring them home. This past Friday, my son came home from school with several fire ant bites on his feet (I know these were ant bites because he saw them on his shoes and they are the little pus filled blisters that red ants leave). However, he also had two small red dots just below his underwear line on his bottom. Over the next 48 hour, these small red bumps have morphed into swollen, multi-bumped welts. They're extremely itchy and unlike anything I've seen before. I am overly concerned they could be from BBs, however I haven't found any confirming signs yet. I have heard BBs can't bite under clothing and these bumps appear to be just below his underwear line. But please, what else could have caused this -- in the last of the progression images below, there is clearly puncture marks.

I know bites can't be diagnosed, but please can someone give me some reassurance about the location maybe? Really wish these had the pus blisters so I could chalk it up to the fire ant bites that showed up the same day....

In order of progression:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/168211357@N08/47994227237/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/168211357@N08/47994267671/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/168211357@N08/47994267656/in/dateposted-public/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/168211357@N08/47994267676/in/dateposted-public/

2. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 3 2019 10:13:13
    #

Login to Send PM

Feet? I would suspect anything from mosquitoes to ants to fleas.

3. Scared88

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 3 2019 10:18:04
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 4 minutes ago  » 
    Feet? I would suspect anything from mosquitoes to ants to fleas.

The fire ant bites were on his feet. The images in links I posted above are on his backside, just below his underwear line -- can't imagine an ant or a mosquito would get him there.

4. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 3 2019 10:33:03
    #

Login to Send PM

No but fleas have a tendency to bite along the line of a tourniquet which the band above it would be.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

PS response based on text reply rather than contents of the OP, this late in the years I am all out of groundhogs.

I am happy to answer questions in public but will not reply to message sent directly or via my company / social media. I am here to help everyone and not just one case at a time.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about pro
  5. Scared88

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 3 2019 11:17:34
    #

Login to Send PM

And isn't this an odd location for a BB? Other areas that were more readily exposed include face, feet and arms. Why would they go for underwear line?

I HATE that I even know about these things. Knowledge is power, yes - but for me it brings severe anxiety

6. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 5 months ago
    Mon Jun 3 2019 11:54:00
    #

Login to Send PM

Yes it is a wrong location and I had already assumed you knew that much and as above have been short on ground hogs of recent.

I like that you already new the answer, next time can we go for posting it in a more "please confirm this is not tone" because that helps build up you positive feedback and knowledge rather that keeping you addicted to dopamine and endorphin fueled roller coaster which creates the rapid cycling fear that is mistaken for anxiety.

Now having extrapolated that far I would say Relaxation resources, Schrodinger's, Occam's then a little more relaxation (actually with the headphones in this time) and a personal resolution to listen to you beliefs rather rather feed the monsters.

David

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

296,736 posts in 50,027 topics over 155 months by 21,875 of 22,358 members. Latest: weluckyfew201, questioning_bugger, Mikayah