Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Reader questions (do not fit into other categories)

Please help with saw tooth beetle infestation! Everywhere!

(11 posts)
  1. lillinzx

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Tue Jul 3 2018 21:11:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, my exterminator confirmed we have saw toothed beetles all around my house- I am finding them everywhere, the bedrooms, in my sheets, the bathrooms, sinks, bath tubs, walls, you name it. I want them gone but I can not find the food source. I have checked the pantry thoroughly. They are not crawling around in there. I will go through all sealed food items this week but I am not seeing anything in the kitchen.

Please help !!!!!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Wed Jul 4 2018 9:50:39
    #

Login to Send PM

Are you able to post a picture of those beetles?

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. lillinzx

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 21:31:45
    #

Login to Send PM

Does this pic help?

4. lillinzx

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 21:33:05
    #

Login to Send PM

5. lillinzx

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 21:43:21
    #

Login to Send PM

6. lillinzx

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Thu Jul 5 2018 21:44:18
    #

Login to Send PM

[img][/img]

7. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 4:44:32
    #

Login to Send PM

lillinzx - 7 hours ago  » 
    Does this pic help?

I looked at the pictures. Probably correct ID. Not sure if is saw-toothed or merchant grain beetle. Hard to say from pictures- can't see the thorax clearly. Overall, looks like the correct shape for one of them. Initially was trying to see if were misidentified plaster beetles. Much smaller beetle and associated with moisture issues. Populations can build up.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 4:45:44
    #

Login to Send PM

lillinzx - 2 days ago  » 
    Hi, my exterminator confirmed we have saw toothed beetles all around my house- I am finding them everywhere, the bedrooms, in my sheets, the bathrooms, sinks, bath tubs, walls, you name it. I want them gone but I can not find the food source. I have checked the pantry thoroughly. They are not crawling around in there. I will go through all sealed food items this week but I am not seeing anything in the kitchen.
    Please help !!!!!

Stored food product includes foods stored by rodents. Any issues with these?

9. lillinzx

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 6 2018 6:13:15
    #

Login to Send PM

Our house is serviced regularly and he does not see any rodents.

We have a dog in the downstairs office and he found two pieces of old dog food under the baseboard heat in there, so he mentioned something about that. But the beetles are literally everywhere in my home - every single room. It seems to me like they even come from under the carpet.

Is this going to be a major fix ? Replacing carpets etc ?

10. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jul 7 2018 10:59:38
    #

Login to Send PM

lillinzx - 1 day ago  » 
    Our house is serviced regularly and he does not see any rodents.
    We have a dog in the downstairs office and he found two pieces of old dog food under the baseboard heat in there, so he mentioned something about that. But the beetles are literally everywhere in my home - every single room. It seems to me like they even come from under the carpet.
    Is this going to be a major fix ? Replacing carpets etc ?

If possible, could actual beetle samples be sent to me? You can PM me. For so many beetles to be present, there must be more food sources than only 2 pieces of old dog food. I'd say carpet replacement wouldn't be necessary.

11. lillinzx

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sun Jul 8 2018 14:10:24
    #

Login to Send PM

Sorry to be a nuisance but also wanted to show you a pic of a cluster of dead ones I found by baseboard heat (I found clusters like this 4 separate times- in a few different rooms)

[img]DAC72467_F661_4_C3_F_B62_E_F74_BC397_FCC9Donald Justice biography[/img]

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

279,376 posts in 46,305 topics over 141 months by 20,411 of 21,249 members. Latest: berry1, kt_f, newbee