Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Bed Bug Treatment

Please. Help! What else can I do with Toddlers in the House!

(4 posts)
  1. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 8 2008 11:09:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello,

Please I don't know what else to do. Have been living out of plastic bags, had PCO over 2 times he sprayed but no powder as we have young children. I have vacuumed, cleaned with murphy's oil, steamed and we are still getting bitten (though less). What else can I do? I am at my wits end and it is so hard between work, kids and life to keep up with this. We own our apartment, so no one else is footing the bill. Thanks for all of your help.

2. lil_bit_obsessed

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 8 2008 12:35:46
    #

Login to Send PM

hey there. i know it's hard, but the best thing is to continue having the PCO treat every two weeks until the bites are gone, otherwise you will just prolong things if you stop treatment now. less bites is a good sign!

also, be sure to check with your PCO what items you are steaming and cleaning with murphy's oil. you don't want to remove the residual that the PCO has put down by washing/steaming it away, so sometimes they will have a protocol for when you can start doing that stuff (ie. how many days should i wait after each treatment before i steam/wash items?)

3. angie

Posted 11 years ago
    Tue Apr 8 2008 12:46:07
    #

Login to Send PM

Check behind the trim and let the PCO dust there. Then put the trim back before you bring the kids back in the apartment. I know how you feel. I am the mom of 4 girls and run a home daycare business and I worried alot about the chemicals used. I would vaccum before the kids came in and made sure that trim and outlets were replaced right away. Have you been able to find where the bugs are hiding? That would help alot if you knew where they were. It takes alot of work to make sure your home is as normal as possible for the kids, but they are resilient and will someday understand all the huh-bub that has been taking place. Another thing, my PCO had us leave for 4-6 hours and he reassured us that when the chemicals would dry, the kids would be okay. I trusted him and he worked his ass off for my family. The apartment had no bad odor and the floors could be vaccummed then, too. Talk to your PCO about a thorough inspection and voice you concerns with the chemicals with him. Good luck!

4. Itchybutdealing

Posted 11 years ago
    Wed Apr 9 2008 18:16:34
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you all for your kind advice. I have a K9 coming tomorrow. Hoping for the best. If not I will try to go away for a day with the kids and have them dust our apartment.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

291,771 posts in 48,891 topics over 151 months by 21,460 of 21,863 members. Latest: SimpleObserver, get_out, Dannie