Got Bed Bugs? Bedbugger Forums » Detection / Identification of bed bugs

Please help, the paranoia is getting to me...

(5 posts)
  1. Alewiina

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 12:47:57
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay, so I had bed bugs about 2 months ago. Not even quite. It was a couple days before Christmas when I figured it out... I found a blood smear, and a couple areas with the poop, and I found 4 adults in total.

My apartment was sprayed on January 4th. I have found absoutlely no signs of them since, except one cast skin (or dead bug?) and a couple of old eggs and poop underneath the box spring from when they sprayed.

However... a few days ago I got three pink bumps on my arm. They are not itchy (whereas the bites I had in Decemeber were), but they kind of look like bites, and they're pretty much in a loosely linear pattern, which is what alarmed me.

I have since inspected my bed at least twice (including this morning) and vaccuumed the crap out of it and the surrounding baseboards a few days ago. I have found no trace of them... no poop drops, no eggs, no bugs themselves and no blood smears.

Should I be worried, if I can't find any signs? I'm starting to wonder if my mind is playing tricks on me... I live in constant fear of them infesting again, and I do have sensitive skin... I just don't know what to think anymore. I'm sure anyone who has had bedbugs before know how paranoid you get, how every fleck of dust or fuzz is a potential bug, how every little pink dot that appears on your skin is a potential bite...

Should I relax until I actually find evidence of them? I don't want to call my building manager again if there's no reason to. I've been changing/washing my bedding weekly, as well as vaccuuming every few days.

I was thinking about getting a steamer from work (I work at Sears) to blast my bed with, just for some extra comfort... what do you guys think?

2. Alewiina

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 13:14:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Also posts on this forum are scaring me, a LOT... I can't afford to scrap everything I own and move, and I don't want to either, I have a lot of stuff that's very sentimental to me.

3. Alewiina

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 16:53:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Also, just adding.... I just spent the entire morning checking every inch of my room. All baseboards, closets, on and in the dresser and bookcase, as well as the night stand... I could find no evidence absolutely anywhere. I have a feeling at this point either the bugs are a) living in the walls or IN the mattress itself, b) I'm actually reacting to dust mites or something similar (I actually had allergy testing as a child taht said I was allergic to them) or c) I'm getting stress hives that my mind is making me think are bites.

I hate the uncertainty

4. DustinBBKiller

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 17:00:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Take the money you would spend on a steamer and get yourself an active or passive monitor. If you don't already have one, that is.

5. Alewiina

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Thu Feb 10 2011 17:25:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Hmmm do you think the passive one would work if I wasn't sure if i have them? How would they choose that specific place?

I was just looking at the USbedbugs site and the passive monitor there looks great, but minimum shipping price to canada is a whopping 25 bucks for something so small :S I'll probably still do it but that's a lot to ship

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,373 posts in 50,181 topics over 156 months by 21,932 of 22,430 members. Latest: Beachhouse, bbguy, Ladybug1993