Please help, skin ID needed

(4 posts)
  1. Cantstandbugs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 20:00:23
    #

Login to Send PM

Please help, but first a little background. My wife and I dealt with bed bugs last year that we got from an elderly distant relative's house who lives nearby (which we hadn't confirmed until recently). We personally saw about 15 bugs in our apartment contained to the bedrooms, had PCO treatments, trashed our large furniture out of an abundance of caution, and moved about 2 months ago. We haven't seen a bug or had any bites since the week before Thanksgiving of 2018.

Fast forward to now. This elderly family member is in the hospital, and my wife's aunt came into town to check on her for a few days. We talked to her about the suspected bed bugs before visiting the hospital, and she asked the upstairs neighbor, who also takes care of the hospitalized relative, and she admitted that there were bed bugs, but downplayed it. This is how we determined our case almost certainly came from her.

However the aunt didn't follow our instructions very well on how to prevent any from traveling back from the hospital so we are extremely nervous. She spent about 2 full days in the hospital tending to the sick relative and was given rides to and from the hospital as well as the airport all within the last 3 days in our car. Also the sick relatives purse ended up in the car inside a ziploc bag I provided which she apparently didnt seal properly.

So this morning my wife found this in the car on the drivers seat and we are both freaking out: http://imgur.com/4Vd3uvj

And the inside of the shell: http://imgur.com/phnKCPb

Please let me know if this looks like a bed bug skin. It doesnt look exactly like the skins we found during our infestation last year but it sure looks close enough.
    Also does the timing seem right, that within 3 days we would find a skin in the car?

Thank you

2. Cantstandbugs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 20:05:36
    #

Login to Send PM

By the way, for size reference, it's about 1/4" left to right at the widest point

3. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 21:56:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

100% not bedbugs.

While I can see the banding makes it appear similar those bands on bedbugs are created through overlapping sections like bellows. This samples does not expand that way and there is not bedbug.

Hope that helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  4. Cantstandbugs

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Jun 5 2019 22:14:36
    #

Login to Send PM

That is a huge relief! Thank you for the fast reply

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,610 posts in 49,509 topics over 153 months by 21,693 of 22,135 members. Latest: mrssachvz, mandy717, Lodo956