PLEASE HELP NOT SURE IF BEDBUGS [a: isopods]

(6 posts)
  1. Michelle01

newbite

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 15:14:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, my husband and our babies our moving to a new place and found hundreds of small dead insects all over the floor, cabinets etc. The bugs we found in the bedroom alone would fill about a regular sized cereal bowl. They are all dead that we've found so far, but now we are worried they are in the walls and might harm us and our babies.

It looks like a mature bed bug, but I'm not sure, I have not encountered them before, and we've asked my husbands parents, they said it was bed bugs but after an hour they called and said they weren't sure.

We have 2 weeks to move in, I really want to know if they are bed bugs or not. Please help! We can't afford to replace our stuff, we're not in a very good financial situation right now.

close up

2. misery

Posted 4 years ago
    Sun Nov 8 2015 22:39:06
    #

Login to Send PM

I'm not a pro and I'm not able to see every bug (man that is a LOT) but most of those are rolypolys, pillbugs, potato bugs....... not bed bugs. Don't know the proper names but maybe a pro would.

Wherever you are moving into there is definitely a way they are getting in, probably near the dirt. We get tons of'em in the Midwest US. I had a place like that once and found a solid crack in a foundation that was their entrance. I sprayed Ortho around the foundation and sealed the cracks.

Not a pro here. Call me Jon Snow...... for I know nothing, except what I've experienced.
  3. jim danca

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Nov 9 2015 0:31:56
    #

Login to Send PM

Nothing bedbug related.

PCO and inventor of a bio active bedbug trap
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Nov 9 2015 10:53:40
    #

Login to Send PM

Michelle01: They are all dead that we've found so far, but now we are worried they are in the walls and might harm us and our babies.
    It looks like a mature bed bug, but I'm not sure, I have not encountered them before, and we've asked my husbands parents, they said it was bed bugs but after an hour they called and said they weren't sure.
    We have 2 weeks to move in, I really want to know if they are bed bugs or not. Please help! We can't afford to replace our stuff, we're not in a very good financial situation right now.
    These look nothing like bed bugs. Please compare to pictures of bed bugs and have your husband's parents do the dame. As has been referenced above, these are isopods, a kind of land crustacean more closely related to lobsters and crabs than to insects. You don't have to replace anything.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Nov 9 2015 19:04:54
    #

Login to Send PM

You can view images of bed bugs here.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  6. Winston O. Buggy

oldtimer

Posted 4 years ago
    Mon Nov 9 2015 21:03:03
    #

Login to Send PM

No comment!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,404 posts in 50,189 topics over 156 months by 21,934 of 22,435 members. Latest: esedndwi, Help123, Bedbugdaydreams