(13 posts)
  1. sleeplessnights101

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 17 2019 9:12:37
    #

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,

I have been getting about 3 bites a night every night since around 01/06/19. At first I thought nothing of it but now I'm extremely distressed and I'm starting to look like a leper. The bites tend to be random so not the breakfast, lunch and dinner lark, rarely on my arms of lower legs. Localised mainly around my chest, upper legs, back and groin - which are actually the covered areas of my body when I sleep so I'm a bit confused.

Anyway I did a huge clear out and found some wriggly carpet beetles at best. There was a couple of instances of these black things but they'd always disappear when it came to capturing or taking pictures.

In an old DVD case (yup, I've been VERY thorough), I found two of what are either dead carpet beetle larvae orrr (please no) shed bed bug skin.

Would really appreciate if someone could help me identify this so I can take it up with my landlord.

Last night I wrapped double sided tape around my bed legs and there's no evidence of any bed bugs but it could be because I've been spraying chemicals like a mad woman.

https://ibb.co/XZbxmkK
    https://ibb.co/7jz5m3k
    https://ibb.co/JBvCKN6

2. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 17 2019 9:17:21
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Breakfast Dinner Lunch is a myth.

The images are too low a resolution and focus to be clear enough to ID from but the one on the wall appears to be a pscocid.

Clearer images would help, its about focus not how close you get to things and being a 90 degrees helps.

David Cain
    Bed Bugs Limited

If you have found this information helpful please consider leaving feedback on social media via google+ or FaceBook or by like/loving the images.

In accordance with the AUP and FTC (legal requirements) I openly disclose my vested interest in Passive Monitors as the inventor and patent holder. Since 2009 they have become an integral part in how we resolve bed bug infestations. I also have a professional relationship with PackTite in that they distribute my product under their own branding. I do not however receive any financial remuneration for any comments I make about products.
  3. sleeplessnights101

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 17 2019 9:23:49
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you so much for your prompt reply! My phone camera is so bad, if you zoom though does it give any indication of what it may be or not really? Also, what about the thing in the DVD case?

4. sleeplessnights101

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 17 2019 9:29:11
    #

Login to Send PM

https://ibb.co/sP6KPqL sorry in advance for quality

5. bed-bugscouk

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 17 2019 9:35:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi,

Zooming into an image does not correct when its out of focus.

The new image is focused on the carpet not the object so is again out of focus.

If you cant obtain a clear image then the best option is to take a deep breath, calm down and actually studying the fine detail of the example images and compare to what you have in front of you.

It may be helpful to look at the key differences through these slides:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskackyt1

David

6. sleeplessnights101

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Mon Jun 17 2019 9:44:33
    #

Login to Send PM

Ok next time I'll try and take better ones but my crappy phone is also to blame. Regarding the clearer DVD case picture. Is that eggs or something else, or inconclusive?

Also, is biting covered areas of flesh commonplace for bed bugs?

Any help you could give me with the information I've provided so far would really help

7. sleeplessnights101

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jun 22 2019 6:53:09
    #

Login to Send PM

https://ibb.co/mbwVsgf

Hopefully focus is better now

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Sat Jun 22 2019 7:21:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Possibly carpet beetle shed skins. You need to be closer to get a better plus magnified image. The one on the light green background is interesting but there is some debris covering it.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  9. sleeplessnights101

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 12 2019 8:59:14
    #

Login to Send PM

Although their is still no visible evidence, I have some pics of my "bites".

I went travelling for about a week and a half for a bit and only got bites from mozzies, which have since cleared up. My bites from the mystery bugs/mites what have you have been there from since beginning of June and none have cleared up. Does that mean anything?

And I'm still getting about 3 each day.

My doctors haven't been of help, is anyone able to identify what may be biting by my bites?

IMG-20190712-WA0009

IMG-20190712-WA0007

10. sleeplessnights101

newbite

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 12 2019 9:00:35
    #

Login to Send PM

(as you can see, there are darker marks on my body, these are the older ones which have been there for about a month...)

11. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 12 2019 9:04:09
    #

Login to Send PM

No one can ID from a photo of a "bite."

12. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 12 2019 11:02:08
    #

Login to Send PM

BigDummy - 1 hour ago  » 
    No one can ID from a photo of a "bite."

Maybe here.
    https://
    The ant mandibles are used to suture a wound.

13. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 2 months ago
    Fri Jul 12 2019 11:12:23
    #

Login to Send PM

I think I could probably handle that, but the gloves filled with ants, I'd have to bow out on that challenge.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,704 posts in 49,532 topics over 153 months by 21,699 of 22,143 members. Latest: shawnpayne1982, JaphaSundog, Missdebra2323