Please help me identify this

(8 posts)
  1. Olliet

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 22:55:01
    #

Login to Send PM

Okay so let me take you back. We moved into this place almost a year ago. It's a two family home. We live upstairs and we have neighbors downstairs. It's a two bedroom apartment. My mom and sister and me all live here. My mom sleeps in the dining room. So about seven months ago maybe 8 I was around 4 months pregnant when we found out our downstairs neighbors had bedbugs. My boyfriend had been going down there all the time to hangout with the old guy who lives there. So of course after finding out about them about a week later we discovered an infestation on our bed in my room. And at this point I never had bedbugs I wasn't paying attention but I did have bites. We were lucky to be frank because it was only in my room and no where else in the house. Probably because we didn't really go anywhere else in the house. My mom hated my boyfriend. So anyways we got rid of the bed and box spring bagged up all clothes. Even in drawers. Sprayed the room and killed everything. They were gone. Like actually gone. So me and my boyfriend break up and I'm like super pregnant and I was sleeping on this awfully uncomfortable fuitton so my mom says I can sleep in her bed in the dining room and she'll sleep in mine. Okay so I have the baby about two months ago and still no signs of any bugs whatsoever. And I'm cosleeping with my baby in the dining room still. And my dumb a$$ self decided to let the neighbors see the baby and let them hold him and that was about five weeks ago. Well I completely regret this decision because about three weeks ago I saw a bug crawling on the bed and it was like almost 4 am so I just assumed it was a bedbug however I couldn't really identify it because it was quick and little and not oval as they were the last time. Kinda looked like a baby roach but I called for my mom and she killed it quick. She is in complete and utter denial about this whole situation. So that week I was major itchy everywhere and completely freaking out and my eyes itched and my head itched. Everything. Then the next week it was like 5pm and I had this baby bouncer sitting by a vent in the living room with a baby blanket on it. I grab the baby and the blanket and I take him to the bed to change the diaper. When I see a bed bug come crawling from the blanket. A very little one but I know it was a bed bug because I called for my mom and she squeezed it and blood squirted from the thing. So at this point I'm really freaking out. I keep checking the bed and box spring but theres no signs whatsoever of bugs. No fecal matter no blood spots nothing at all. So my mom tells me I can sleep in the bedroom again because I just am so frustrated and worried. I start to notice bites on me. One on my ankle and three on my shoulder. Every little red dot on me I assume is a bite. So I'm sleeping in the room and about two days ago I see another bug crawling on my mom's clean laundry that she has laying on this table in the bedroom. Okay great so my mom squeezes this thing and no blood whatsoever doesn't really look like a bedbug but I'm convinced it is. The past seven months the house has become so cluttered it's so overwhelming. Everywhere you look it's a pile of something. Only reason it was so easy to get rid of last time was because my room was clean and it was controlled to my room. But now since I was sleeping in the dining room I feel like they've made there way around the whole house. I've searched everywhere I can look and I can't locate them at all. I feel like they follow me because my mom and sister have no bites. Hence why my mom is in denial. But I'm freaking out completely. Mental breakdown everyday. I'm completely broke with a new baby and so stressed. The landlord won't pay for an exterminator so Im just patiently waiting to get my taxes back but even so there's so much clutter I doubt they'll be able to get rid of the problem. And I'm supposed to be moving in a couple weeks. I'm so stressed and then I found this little apple seed thing on my bed today. I know it's something related to bedbugs. So please can you help me identify it and if anyone has helpful tips on what to do to kill these bugs.

2. Olliet

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Wed Apr 4 2018 23:02:54
    #

Login to Send PM

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gZfihznY4PTdJf0H3

Okay this is what I found I squeezed it and the redish stuff came out and I can only assume it's blood.

3. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 5 2018 12:25:27
    #

Login to Send PM

Not a bed bug.

Killer of bed bugs for Homeless Empowerment Program
  4. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 5 2018 13:39:51
    #

Login to Send PM

Olliet - 14 hours ago  » 
    Okay this is what I found I squeezed it and the redish stuff came out and I can only assume it's blood.

Not a bed bug at all.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  5. Olliet

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 5 2018 15:47:41
    #

Login to Send PM

Possibly a casing of one? Or an egg? I'm so lost bc I definitely saw a bedbug the second time bc it was little looked engorged and blood spuirted from it

6. BigDummy

oldtimer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 5 2018 15:52:38
    #

Login to Send PM

Just because it was red coming out doesn't mean that it was blood.

7. Olliet

newbite

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 5 2018 17:13:18
    #

Login to Send PM

No it was definitely blood. It popped and stained like blood bc it got on my mom's shirt. Whats pictured is just what I found on my bed and I squeezed it and the little clear thing
    came out of it and the light red residue. I can't locate the bugs and that's whats so stressful. I've seen three bugs in a matter of three weeks and that's no coincidence because I haven't seen a single bug other than a fly in months.

8. loubugs

old timer

Posted 3 months ago
    Thu Apr 5 2018 17:50:36
    #

Login to Send PM

Olliet - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Possibly a casing of one? Or an egg? I'm so lost bc I definitely saw a bedbug the second time bc it was little looked engorged and blood spuirted from it
    No it was definitely blood. It popped and stained like blood bc it got on my mom's shirt. Whats pictured is just what I found on my bed and I squeezed it and the little clear thing
    came out of it and the light red residue. I can't locate the bugs and that's whats so stressful. I've seen three bugs in a matter of three weeks and that's no coincidence because I haven't seen a single bug other than a fly in months.

This object has nothing to do with bed bugs. Period.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

275,944 posts in 45,404 topics over 138 months by 19,949 of 20,709 members. Latest: trailblazer, Bostonbugs1994, jtihonly