Bug ID: Please help me identify these bugs! [a: rodent or bird mites]

(3 posts)
  1. orangrika

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Wed Sep 28 2016 20:53:59
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi, I tried to look through all the ID question and bed bugs photos as reference, but I still unsure what the bug is this. So I decided to ask help! Are they bed bug? If not (hopefully they are not) what are they? Thank you so much for the help!
    Recently I found there are many of these bugs show in my home. At first, I found there are some on my bed, later on, I found they are actually all over, but they are too small and very hard to see.
    I got some bite, and mostly on the bed. The bites are like small bumps. Itch, but won't stay too long. I am so worried if they are bed bugs, but they are extremely small, almost just like the letters on the one cent coin (some even smaller). Please see photos here

It looks kind like a bed bug, but it doesn't have the stripe on the body. It looks like there are some white spot or pattern on body (Please click the image to enlarge the photo.)

(http://imgur.com/Qb0P6dk)

This one has white spot on body (I am not sure if this one the same type as last one, but they appear around the same time )

They are super small, I am not sure it is an adult bug or they just haven't grown up. (I use hotshot fogger, and found there are so many dead around the bedroom door.)

Thank you so much for your help again!

2. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 years ago
    Thu Sep 29 2016 6:40:50
    #

Login to Send PM

orangrika - 9 hours ago  » 
    Hi, I tried to look through all the ID question and bed bugs photos as reference, but I still unsure what the bug is this. So I decided to ask help! Are they bed bug? If not (hopefully they are not) what are they? Thank you so much for the help!
    Recently I found there are many of these bugs show in my home. At first, I found there are some on my bed, later on, I found they are actually all over, but they are too small and very hard to see.
    I got some bite, and mostly on the bed. The bites are like small bumps. Itch, but won't stay too long. I am so worried if they are bed bugs, but they are extremely small, almost just like the letters on the one cent coin (some even smaller). Please see photos here
    It looks kind like a bed bug, but it doesn't have the stripe on the body. It looks like there are some white spot or pattern on body (Please click the image to enlarge the photo.)

This one has white spot on body (I am not sure if this one the same type as last one, but they appear around the same time )

They are super small, I am not sure it is an adult bug or they just haven't grown up. (I use hotshot fogger, and found there are so many dead around the bedroom door.)

Thank you so much for your help again!

You must have either a rodent or bird problem because these look like parasitic mites and some, obviously, have blood inside. These have been feeding on you as you noted about the bite reactions, too. No stripe on bed bugs, but I think you may be referring to horizontal stripes of the abdomen that people often refer to. These really are not stripes, but the horizontal abdominal body segments. These are very much too small to be an adult bed bug anyway plus their body and legs have nothing to do with insects. There are 8 legs on these mites; insects have 6.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  3. orangrika

newbite

Posted 2 years ago
    Fri Sep 30 2016 14:09:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Thank you sooooo much!
    Yes, recently there are couple pigeons stay on the roof that next to my window. I think they are the source. I contacted my community manager... hope they can do something soon.
    I have cleaned the entire home, steamed, and sprayed insecticide, but I still get some bites... I guess it is very hard to control unless removing the source...I am still freaking out with these bugs

Thank you again for your answer!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,649 posts in 49,518 topics over 153 months by 21,698 of 22,141 members. Latest: carterscott, ohkayiguess, shawnpayne1982