Please help me ID this?

(8 posts)
  1. Cathyskincare

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 16:19:17
    #

Login to Send PM

Hello. My husband found this crawling in our bathroom this morning and is now freaking out. We live in an apartment building. I've inspected the mattress and so far have found nothing. Luckily we don't have a lot of furniture in the living room (closer to the bathroom) but there is a large bookcase there.
    I have a picture but how do I post it?

2. Cathyskincare

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 16:24:40
    #

Login to Send PM

3. rs1971

oldtimer

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 16:28:42
    #

Login to Send PM

Hi. I'm not one of the experts but yes, I believe that that is a bed bug. Sorry.

-rs1971

4. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 16:51:05
    #

Login to Send PM

I think that it's too blurry and not quite magnified enough to see. Also, if you can do a shot that doesn't have a pair of tweezers blocking most of the bug, it would help

5. Cathyskincare

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 16:54:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Yeah my husband texted me that pic then flushed the bug. I'm also wondering how exactly he caught it and whether it was alive when he did. He's at work so I can't ask. We both work in hotels and I'm wondering (and hoping) that a dead one may have been tracked in under a shoe. I have searched my apt and have absolutely no sign of any more. Also bugs (mosquitos, spiders) find me delicious and I haven't a single bite.

6. AshamedandScratching

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 17:57:28
    #

Login to Send PM

Peoples reactions can vary from bed bugs to mosquitoes. Sorry.

7. Cathyskincare

newbite

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 18:25:08
    #

Login to Send PM

So I guess the question is since I haven't found a single other clue or anything do I just get the mattress case things on Friday (payday) cross my fingers and wait till I see more signs? Or do I need to call my landlord asap? I'm so lost. I always knew this was a possibility living in nyc but I sorta hoped I'd get lucky. lol

8. OhNoes

Posted 8 years ago
    Mon Oct 17 2011 18:29:53
    #

Login to Send PM

Here's the thing, it could be a BB, it does have the general shape (assuming the size is right etc).
    You're in NYC so you have good laws protecting you. I'm tell the LL and get them to bring in an inspector.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

297,190 posts in 50,134 topics over 155 months by 21,917 of 22,411 members. Latest: ij430jf, patbb, Peachyy92