PLEASE help me ID

(3 posts)
  1. Mnobedbugs

newbite

Posted 1 month ago
    Mon Apr 23 2018 23:24:50
    #

Login to Send PM

I’ve been worried I’ve had bedbugs for 4 months now. I get small bites on my neck and stomach on a weekly basis. I’ve torn my bedroom apart and have looked for signs of them everywhere. No black spots or stains anywhere all I’ve found are two small skin casts. Are these bedbugs or carpet beetles or something else???
    https://ibb.co/hN6xRx
    https://ibb.co/bDGLeH

2. HifromChi

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 24 2018 11:12:02
    #

Login to Send PM

Looks like carpet larvae skins to me.

3. loubugs

old timer

Posted 1 month ago
    Tue Apr 24 2018 12:33:11
    #

Login to Send PM

Mnobedbugs - 13 hours ago  » 
    I’ve been worried I’ve had bedbugs for 4 months now. I get small bites on my neck and stomach on a weekly basis. I’ve torn my bedroom apart and have looked for signs of them everywhere. No black spots or stains anywhere all I’ve found are two small skin casts. Are these bedbugs or carpet beetles or something else???

HifromChi:
    "Looks like carpet larvae skins to me."

Possibly. Too bad they weren't in a bit better shape. Sometimes "bites" you find don't really have to be bites at all. A skin lesion could be from a bite, a sting, a reaction to certain carpet beetle larval setae that occurs on larvae of certain carpet beetle species, or reaction to something that gets on the skin.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

274,719 posts in 45,076 topics over 137 months by 19,790 of 20,526 members. Latest: diatomaceousearth, Margo, ad44