Please help me

(15 posts)
  1. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 4:07:18
    #

Login to Send PM

I haven't found any edvidence of bed bugs. No poop no smell no blood on sheets. But I was recently bitten alot by something. The doctor doubted it was bed bugs because they we're only on my arms. Well tonight I felt another itch and while it's more of a patchy red sploch I found this thing under my bed. It was dead when I found it. I did find a carpet better before but I'm not sure. Any help is loved thanks very much.
    picture

2. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 4:08:29
    #

Login to Send PM

3. PicketFences

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 6:18:36
    #

Login to Send PM

I am so sorry but that does look like a bedbug to me. (I am not an expert, just have had to deal with recurring issues with bedbugs for the past 9 years). So, you should wait for a confirmation from one of the experts.

4. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 7:17:31
    #

Login to Send PM

PicketFences - 57 minutes ago  » 
    I am so sorry but that does look like a bedbug to me. (I am not an expert, just have had to deal with recurring issues with bedbugs for the past 9 years). So, you should wait for a confirmation from one of the experts.

Thanks for the reply! My mom and I just tore apart my bed and entire apartment and didn't find anything at all. No poop or another bug! I'm wondering if maybe it's left over from a previous tenant?

5. dude

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 7:33:16
    #

Login to Send PM

can you post pictures of your bites, just out of curiosity. I know skin lesions are not indicative of bed bugs but just would like to see it if it's consistent with what the internet says.

6. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 8:05:58
    #

Login to Send PM

dude - 27 minutes ago  » 
    can you post pictures of your bites, just out of curiosity. I know skin lesions are not indicative of bed bugs but just would like to see it if it's consistent with what the internet says.

Sure
    one
    two
    The doctor said they were very doubtful that they were bed bug bites. My mom thinks they are stress hives

7. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 8:06:32
    #

Login to Send PM

one
    two
    The doctor said they were very doubtful that they were bed bug bites. My mom thinks they are stress hives

8. dude

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 9:16:37
    #

Login to Send PM

hmm I'm not really sure. but the bug you showed does look like a bed bug and the Mark's you shown do look like bites. so I dont want to make you feel bad but the evidence does suggest bed bugs. finding a bug is probably the most effective way of knowing someone has bed bug infestation. maybe am expert can chime in

9. PicketFences

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 11:09:55
    #

Login to Send PM

Your doctor is misinformed. First of all, I have had bedbugs and they only bit my arm during one infestation. Second of all, you cannot tell if you have bedbugs from bites. Bites look different on everyone.

I agree with dude that the evidence suggests you have bedbugs. It is really unlikely you had just that one but I will hope that is the case! That said, it is easy to miss finding them. Take a look at some of the FAQs on this site. There is lots of information that may be useful. But hopefully BigDummy or loubugs will come on and provide their expert opinions.

10. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Wed Oct 31 2018 12:15:20
    #

Login to Send PM

In really wondering if it's just a dead bug frin the last tenet. They didn't sweep under the heat vent we have in the building and they just kick on a few days ago. We vacuumed up my mattress (I don't have a box spring) and my couch and chair. We didn't find any casings or eggs. I really hope an expert will chime in soon.

11. Mf1616

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 1 2018 14:39:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Bumping this for Lou to take a look at.

Looks very similar to a bed bug but something seems a bit off (antenna and back legs). Correct me if I’m wrong...

For the record, I am NOT an expert.
    My advice/opinion comes from past experience(s) with bed bugs and what I have read on-line.
  12. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 1 2018 17:04:19
    #

Login to Send PM

My landlord sent someone to look at the bugs and my apartment. She told me he said it was a gnat 😒 I've never seen one like that though. My other friend who I showed the picture to said she was positive it was a bat bug? I do live next to a factory where bats like to sleep during the day.

13. loubugs

old timer

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 1 2018 21:45:48
    #

Login to Send PM

Fearfulapartment - 4 hours ago  » 
    My landlord sent someone to look at the bugs and my apartment. She told me he said it was a gnat 😒 I've never seen one like that though. My other friend who I showed the picture to said she was positive it was a bat bug? I do live next to a factory where bats like to sleep during the day.

Fire that person. It's not a gnat (fly), it's a bed bug (cimicid) nymph, but it's difficult to say from the picture if it's a bed bug or bat bug nymph, although it doesn't appear to be exceptionally hairy. Missing parts of antennae.

Professional entomologist/arachnologist. I consult on all matters dealing with insects and arachnids, including those of natural history and biology to pest management and forensic entomology investigations.
  14. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 1 2018 23:25:44
    #

Login to Send PM

loubugs - 1 hour ago  » 

Fearfulapartment - 4 hours ago  » 

Fire that person. It's not a gnat (fly), it's a bed bug (cimicid) nymph, but it's difficult to say from the picture if it's a bed bug or bat bug nymph, although it doesn't appear to be exceptionally hairy. Missing parts of antennae.

Thanks for your time! I'm hoping the person didn't throw away the bug or container it was in as I plan to take it to local pest control to get a second (and probably more professional) opinion! That way I will have proof and they will be forced to take care of it. In them mean time I'm heading to Walmart to buy some Diatomaceous earth to powder around the house!

15. Fearfulapartment

newbite

Posted 2 weeks ago
    Thu Nov 1 2018 23:26:57
    #

Login to Send PM

I will definitely keep this updated! Thanks for everyone's help!!!

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

281,578 posts in 46,826 topics over 143 months by 20,660 of 21,557 members. Latest: Dread Bugs, gbbedbug, BuggedOUTinOH