Please help me

(5 posts)
  1. Alicemeng

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Feb 12 2009 10:53:43
    #

Login to Send PM

We attended a tour of a travel company in Monterey Pak, CA. I found the bedbug bits in the face and body, after we lived in ** Hotel. After we came back to home, we found further red spots in our bodies (almost 20 spots). I know it is difficult to deal with bedbugs, we are living the fear of begbugs everyday. We claimed the compensation but the manager in the hotel threatened us. What should I do as a foreigner, we are victims, and get the menace. We are so helpless, Please help me, is there anyone help me find a lawyer, thank your very much.

2. bitten123

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Feb 12 2009 14:16:03
    #

Login to Send PM

Alice, I can not give you any advice regarding a lawyer. I just wanted to say I'm sorry you got bit in a hotel, I too was bit in a nice hotel about 5 years ago by bedbugs. Read everything you can on them, and hopefully you will not take them to your home. If you have already returned home, you could possibly hire a bed bug dog to inspect and see if you are clear. You could also as a preventative, go ahead and buy bed bug covers for your mattress and box springs now. And lastly, you could have a Pest Control Person come examine your home and see if they see any signs you brought them home. If you have not returned home, take all precautions you can, bag everything, heat all clothing in the dryer for a very long time to kill bugs and eggs. I have no advice on your suitcases, hopefully others can give you more advice. I'm sorry you got bit.

3. MyWorstFear

Posted 10 years ago
    Thu Feb 12 2009 15:17:43
    #

Login to Send PM

I am sorry that this happened to you. I'm afraid I can't recommend a lawyer, but you can report this hotel to the bed bug registry which is at this website http://bedbugregistry.com/ . The manager of the hotel cannot prevent you from doing this as you remain anonymous on that website. You can tell everyone what happened to you and name names as well.
    Read the FAQ's on this website so that you don't spread them in your own home. Bitten123
    has some good advice too.

4. Nobugsonme

your host

Posted 10 years ago
    Fri Feb 13 2009 0:18:39
    #

Login to Send PM

You could also look on the FAQ about lawsuits. Some of the articles linked to mention lawyers involved in cases. They might be worth contacting if you want to pursue legal action.

I started and run the site but am "not an expert."
  5. HelpIamgoinginsane

newbite

Posted 10 years ago
    Sat Mar 21 2009 4:25:17
    #

Login to Send PM

I am getting bit by bed bugs everytime i go home i don't even want to go home anymore.

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.

294,748 posts in 49,541 topics over 153 months by 21,704 of 22,148 members. Latest: germanhippie, Sportbb42, Katieaus